How do you play against a Gunline?

Tiger9gamer

I played a game with a 6 man knight squad in place of my vindicators, and I liked it a lot! I think I'm going to try them again next game.

now, would it be better against gunlines for one big black knight squad, or two separate ones?

I played a game with a 6 man knight squad in place of my vindicators, and I liked it a lot! I think I'm going to try them again next game.

now, would it be better against gunlines for one big black knight squad, or two separate ones?

I'd go for one big one.  Two little ones, and it's too easy to silence the special grenades.

I would LOVE to face that particular gunline with my deathwing, by the way...

Depends on Gunline and race but basicly: multiple targets (target saturation) works well. Especially ravenwing is excellent boosting from terrain to terrain, Deathwing assault and drop pods can make first DA turn almost any static gunline threatten from various points which at best makes other play ineffectivelly split his gunline fire, causing minimal damage. Basicly you put rhino cruise speed another side fo map, ravenwing wings another side, use deathwing assault combined drop pod, heck you can have his gunline disarray your first turn with bit of an luck depending on terrain and such.

Oh, and blasts, gunlines don't like blast weapons. Typhoon pattern tornadoes, cyclone terminators, whirlwinds. Our cheap whirlwinds are absolute bane of the schawrm armies and xeno gunlines. Large s5 ap 4 blasts shred Eldars and Tau's apart.

Archived