Librarian or Chaplain on Bike?

Upstartes

So, I've got one spare bike in all the stuff I'm building, and I'm going to make it a character. I had planned to make it a Chaplain/Interogator-Chaplain with the Mace of Redemption. However, I'm wondering if maybe a Librarian might be more generically useful.

I don't have a specific list in mind - these are just modular pieces I'm building up for use in various lists. I'll be playing mostly mixed-wing, as I have a fair number of bikes but not enough for a full RW list.

Any opinions on chap vs libby?

Well it really depends on what you want to add. The chaplain is a combat monster so adding a chaplain adds a combat punch to your ravenwing aspect. Adding a mace of redemption is even more brutal, but he then becomes destined to charge in, so the bike becomes more of a means of getting him across the board faster and provide him a toughness boost.

The librarian is a support unit and can support you flanking ravenwing nicely. I used one on a bike and being able to keep up with speeders and bikes is handy. I use mine in a black kings squad but used presence on my speeder to make it twin linked. Since it has to be a unit within 12 inches, he is able to keep up, and a speeder with assault cannon and heavy bolter that is twin linked is really handy.

So what do you want most with the ravenwing you are fielding, support or close combat punch?

I'll have RAS elements that will be supporting units for some lists. Some lists will have either in addition or instead a unit of Black Knights that I will get involved in close combat. I have Sammael, so he is available as a close combat beatstick. Maybe that means I should think about a librarian since the Chaplain will be a bit redundant with Sammy.

Well - if we are voting I pick the Librarian.

It gives you a bit of a ranged bonus, you can zip around the table firing spells at the enemy,  plus looks good!

Mine is here and is a simple mix of the Libbi and a biker from the DV set. You can even reuse the left over bits if you are careful ;)

That is a beautiful libby, Elmo...and in the right list, a powerful force-multiplier...but the Interrogator on bike with mace?  His power is independent of any list, it simply is what it is, lol.  Even if you pile the rest of your list into a fortress and send him streaking into the enemy alone and unafraid...well, I see him as the DA answer to sly marbo.  Single model that's virtually guaranteed to make his points back...and then die, while distracting the enemy more than any single model has a right to do.

I am more favour of the libby. After all bikers are not dedicated CC units and despite the belief that the chaplain can be a gang Ho! unit, I would not waste around 200pts and an H.Q slot for a momentary distraction and hope to sleep with ease the same night msn-wink.gif

Archived