Eye of Vengeance and model coherency

CheeseWhiz

Hey guys I recently ran into this problem in a game I played against Grey Knights, I used Telion and an Icarus Lascannon fairly effectively but we ran into a disagreement on rules when I broke his units coherency by blasting his one model with a hammer into oblivion. His argument was that models could never break coherency and thusly the wound would be allocated elsewhere. I called :cuss as I feel that is the point of Telions special ability is to snipe special weapon guys. Has anyone run into this before? Would I be right in assuming that once a model is killed if it breaks unit coherency they just have to move back into coherency on their next turn? One other idea I just had while typing this, could I use Telion's ability to apply wounds to a model holding an IC in coherency with a squad therefore isolating the character and allowing for other units to focus on him?

Pg. 11 of the BRB states:

"During the course of a game, a unit can get broken up and lose unit coherency, usually BECAUSE IT HAS TAKEN CASUALTIES FROM INCOMING ENEMY FIRE."  It says they need to move back into coherency in their next movement phase.  So yeah, you were right.  Imagine the hijinx that could ensue if your opponent's thoughts had been correct.

Just curious, what did you guys end up doing during the game

check pg 63, under Precision shots (the bolded text) and pg 11, under Unit Coherency (the bolded text and the paragraph following it).

To the last question, no, pg 39, under Independent Characters states when an independent character can join or leave a squad, and what conditions are required for him to become an IC due to shooting.

Thanks guys, I didnt have my BRB handy as I loaned it to said offending friend. He's rather stubborn and hard to convince so we rolled for it last time, I'm glad the dice gods allowed me to win that one.

Archived