Who likes terminators? Who likes 82 terminators?

twopounder

I'm approaching my goal of the entire 1st company, and have 82 suits of tactical dreadnought armor.

15 squads of 5, 3 HQ, 4 spares:

heavy flamer x4

assault cannon x2

plasma cannon x2

cyclone x2

storm shield/thunder hammer x22

power fist x29

chain fist x 4

storm bolter x 36

Power Sword x8

Deathwing Knights x10

Belial

Chaplain

Librarian

Perfidious Relic x3

3 legs on bases with no torso :(

2x landraiders

4x dreadnoughts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/GunMonkey/Space%20Marines/2013-04-07_21-15-24_511_zps1a874ff1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/GunMonkey/Space%20Marines/2013-04-07_21-15-08_11_zps805f77be.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/GunMonkey/Space%20Marines/2013-04-07_21-14-59_209_zps2d15e3a6.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have time when the competition was running.

NOTE: Lysander is actually a sergeant. switched them up accidentally.

Will try to post pics of progress.

Hmmm...I have 37 termies, 3 vennies (PC/SB, LTAC/HF, and hellfire), and 4 LRs (1 Mars, 2 Crusaders, and a TU)...need MOAR termies!!!!

/edit/

I noticed some knights in your formation...those are over and above the full complement of the first company...so you'll need about 30 more!

But... wouldn't an entire company mean 100 terminators?

Or more, depending on your interpretation of the current fluff.

I'm working towards it. 100 TDA is no easy feat. Others here spend a long time striving for the same thing. We all know it's hard and expensive.

To everyone else, thanks for the encouragement! Keep moving forward until you've filled out the 1st company in all its glory!

You definitely need to run the whole force in an Apocalypse game. That would just be awesomely brutal, or is that brutally awesome? laugh.png Also, if you want more metal Deathwing, I have just over 20 of them. Send me a PM if you are interested.

And just because I am a grim ftater and overly jealus of your models I will spoil your fun ( :P :D ) by pointing into the new dex fluff that there is no number set in stone for both the first and second companies. They probably are more than 100.

THERE :P

And just because I am a grim ftater and overly jealus of your models I will spoil your fun ( tongue.pngbiggrin.png ) by pointing into the new dex fluff that there is no number set in stone for both the first and second companies. They probably are more than 100.

THERE tongue.png

Damn it man, I wanted to be the one to do that!

But you see, Belial and Azrael are smart. They don't send more than 100 into the field under most circumstances, lest word get back to the High Lords that the Dark Angels aren't following the codex.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Of course these 100 marines represent the entire 1st company!"

At least, that should be your story, and you should stick to it.

Wait there's something OTHER than Terminators in our Codex? geek.gif

But seriously that's a great collection and I'm super jealous, as most of the 60ish terminators I currently have are still on sprues pinch.gif

Good luck!

Nice! As a former Ravenwing player I must say that I have just imagined full second company...

Keep posting progress. it would be awesome when painted!!!

And just because I am a grim ftater and overly jealus of your models I will spoil your fun ( tongue.pngbiggrin.png ) by pointing into the new dex fluff that there is no number set in stone for both the first and second companies. They probably are more than 100.

THERE tongue.png

First come first served :P

But you see, Belial and Azrael are smart. They don't send more than 100 into the field under most circumstances, lest word get back to the High Lords that the Dark Angels aren't following the codex.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Of course these 100 marines represent the entire 1st company!"

Its not as if there is an inquisitor on every deployment and then they compare notes. If they did that, they would have counted the BT first ;)

I am rocking around 70 myself, plus support. (5) Land Raiders, 8 Dreadnoughts, a couple of Storm Eagles. Not sure what is left, but it will be just over 100 Terminators with support at 10,000pts.

Paul

I'm pretty certain if the battle is severe enough for 100+ DW to be deployed, then whoever else is on your side probably won't bother to count how many exactly there are.

I am rocking around 70 myself, plus support. (5) Land Raiders, 8 Dreadnoughts, a couple of Storm Eagles. Not sure what is left, but it will be just over 100 Terminators with support at 10,000pts.

Well, "bare bones" would bring the minimum points for a full company (excluding vehicles) to about 4600 points. Of course, we'll be looking at 5k or more due to all the weapon options, and support vehicles, etc.

And a good 9600 points if you take land raiders for all 20 squads (Belial hitching a ride with the command squad in a redeemer). Again, 10k with weapon options.

Of course, I think that finding an opponent willing to play at such point values will be easier than buying and painting it all.

Nice! As a former Ravenwing player I must say that I have just imagined full second company...
Keep posting progress. it would be awesome when painted!!!

I'm working on that as well, and they'll be next after I finish the Deathwing. At some point, I may end up with the whole chapter whistlingW.gif

Wait there's something OTHER than Terminators in our Codex? geek.gif

But seriously that's a great collection and I'm super jealous, as most of the 60ish terminators I currently have are still on sprues pinch.gif

Good luck!

Start snipping!

THERE tongue.png

First come first served tongue.png

/>>But you see, Belial and Azrael are smart. They don't send more than 100 into the field under most circumstances, lest word get back to the High Lords that the Dark Angels aren't following the codex.

Its not as if there is an inquisitor on every deployment and then they compare notes. If they did that, they would have counted the BT first msn-wink.gif

DA used to be rather shy of inquisitors, and I recall a bit of fluff stating that inquisitors tend to disappear around them (I don't remember where I read it though). But alas, the fluff has been changed so they hide instead. Such a pity, as I thought the rejection of imperial agents made them that much cooler.

I'm pretty certain if the battle is severe enough for 100+ DW to be deployed, then whoever else is on your side probably won't bother to count how many exactly there are.
>

Well, "bare bones" would bring the minimum points for a full company (excluding vehicles) to about 4600 points. Of course, we'll be looking at 5k or more due to all the weapon options, and support vehicles, etc.
And a good 9600 points if you take land raiders for all 20 squads (Belial hitching a ride with the command squad in a redeemer). Again, 10k with weapon options.

Of course, I think that finding an opponent willing to play at such point values will be easier than buying and painting it all.

I don't like apocalypse. I'd rather stick to the current FOC rules instead of getting crazy and dropping 100 masters in TDA. It just seems pointless to me.

But I do want to play at least one 3000+ point game so I can dump (read: carefully place) a pile of terminators on the board.

You definitely need to run the whole force in an Apocalypse game. That would just be awesomely brutal, or is that brutally awesome? laugh.png Also, if you want more metal Deathwing, I have just over 20 of them. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks. I have another 15 on the way, and I think that's all I can handle right now. That puts me at 97, and I still need to strip, clean, reconfigure, etc.

• 2 months later...

Archived