Who likes terminators? Who likes 82 terminators?

twopounder

I feel inadequate.....26 Terminators + 2 characters + 5 more on the paint station......in my defence though, they are all painted (apart from the 5 I'm currently doing!)

We're on the same boat facmanpob sweat.gif

However I think I'll stop at 50 (including the knights) no matter what.

I've got about 5 or 6 more torso fronts, 6 heads, 1 pair of legs and loads of weapon options...so if I can get some cheap torso backs and some more legs from ebay I will build another 5 man squad, but will stop after that......oh, and I will need a Chaplain at some point smile.png

I'll be stopping at 53, once my Knights and Tartaros Command squad are built ;-)

Yeah... I said that too... 54 is the max.....

Add an AoBR set(plus one), Two DV sets and a box o knights and I end up at 75 with plans for another 10 after that.

>I'll be stopping at 53, once my Knights and Tartaros Command squad are built ;-)

Yeah... I said that too... 54 is the max.....

Add an AoBR set(plus one), Two DV sets and a box o knights and I end up at 75 with plans for another 10 after that.

There was a time that I said 45 was the right number. 40 for (8) 5 man squads and +5 for the Command Squad.

Then I started finding half price terminator boxes, and they slowly started to pile up. When I went into my last build cycle, I had 30+ more to build. I bought the new sculpts to make Deathwing Knights and a new command squad, and have continued to pick up half price terminators (NOS/NIB).

Right now, I am probably at 100 Terminators (Original Plastic Type) which is what has built the rank and file of my army. Of these, there are 12-15 AoBR Bodies that have been heavily converted and had bits added. I have 2 of the 3 Belial Loadouts (Will build LCs soon), 3 Librarians (Stave/Sword/Axe - All Kitbashed), 5 Chaplains in TDA (3 Metal Originals and 2 Kitbashed), my Original Command Squad, which carries the Banner of Fortitude now (needs paint on new bits and banner), and then the masses of LC/TH+SS/SB+PF/SB+CF/Etc. The plan is to have (8) men running CMLs, (6) Running ACs, and (6) Running PCs for the front line force. I may add a few coming up with Heavy Flamers (Incase I ever want to play them).

Out of the new boxes, I've wound up with (7) total. (1) Is a new Command Squad, (1) Made Characters and Alternates for the Command Squad, (5) have gone to Deathwing Knights. I won't use these sculpts for my Rank and File - I like to "normal" armor better for this. I'm still needing to get most of this stuff painted, but I'll get to it as I can.

I also have a full array of support for my Terminators. This includes Dreadnoughts; (2) Chaplain Dreads, (4) Mortis Contemptors, (2) Dual AC Venerable Dreads, and a CC Kitted Relic Contemptor. Also Land Raiders; (1) Crusader, (2) Godhammers, (3) Ares, (2) Terminus Ultra, and there is a plan to add (2) Achilles and a Spartan Assault Tank. There are also a pair of Stormeagles in the works.

We'll see what happens.

Paul

Well actually it's my second DW army...

5 years ago I did own a full metal force... But decide it to sell it on ebay and start from 0 again... So roughly I have painted more than I still own today...

I'm about to do the same thing with my RW... The 3 squadrons + sammael on speeder are ready to be sold and find another history somewhere else....

Then it will be time to paint anoter RW force (hopefully start in september but I'll keep the main force for ETL III devil.gif )

I recently cut back from about 73 Terminators to a more sensible 48 Terminators.

3 HQs

5 X Deathwing Command

10 X Deathwing Knights

30 Deathwing

Hmmm.  I might have 5-10 more Terminators somewhere.

Okay, I recently cut back from 73 Terminators to a, figuratively speaking, "more sensible" 58-ish Terminators. :D

Archived