Land Raiders

I currently have a land raider and I am thinking of getting terminators and assault terminators. I was thnking it wouled draw too much attention if i put terminators in the land raider. So i was thinking of getting 10 assault termis in the land raider ( becouse of the 3+ inv ) and getting ether a land reaider crusader or redemer and putting the regular termis in it. what shouled I do?

Even if you slice them thinly, you wont get ten Terminators inside a Land Raider ;)

As a general rule, Assault Terminators need a delivery system so put them into a Raider (if you wish) and either start the "tactical" Terminators on the field or Deep Strike them in as putting them in a transport negates their firepower.

Try putting seven Assault Terminators inside a Crusader and add an Independent Character (or two) to really make them hit home. Examples being a Librarian and a Priest/Corbulo.

I use a regular LR as a fire support platform most games. It draws a lot of fire to it and most games it survives. However I usually carry 5 death company inside with a power weapon. Most opponents forget about the cargo till its too late and they are delivered and wreaking havoc.

I used a LRC with a Sterguard squad recently and I must say if you can get the range right  4 x AC shots, + MM shot, + 6 HurB shots and 10 Bolter shots or 12 HurB shots and 20 Bolter shots is insane firepower. Plus the Sterguard switching out ammo adds even more usefulness.

To OP - taking that many terminators and 2 LRs is gonna be expensive. If you want to take that path you're going to have 4 units that will never get their points back. Bottom line, the LRs dont usually make their points back but are totally hard to kill. Thankfully the new broadsides rail guns are only strength 8 (i think). But i suggest if you're going to go with 2 LRs then you should fill them to capacity with DC and yeah the other with assault termies. The regular terminators should teleport in and blast targets with their storm bolsters and assault cannons :)

Archived