Drop Pod disembark and Interceptor rule

DeMante

You model the gun on the top, on the outside.

If the doors are part of the hull, you can disembark measuring your 6" move form the tips of them. You should also deep strike with *all* the doors down, as they would also impact any Deep Strike Mishaps.

But we have quite a few threads on this topic already. I don't think we need another. msn-wink.gif

They're on the ground tho' so they wouldn't block much?

Not if you've glued them shut...

Pretty sure you cannot move 6" from drop pod, the vehicle has moved at cruising speed so is classed as emergency disembark which I think is 3". Also after deep striking you can either shoot or run, dont think youre allowed a move.

the vehicle has moved at cruising speed so is classed as emergency disembark

I don't know where this is from.  Any chance of a reference?

Not sure I thought it was an FAQ about the deathwind saying that it couldnt fire the turn it came in as deep striking units count as having moved at cruising speed.  Just been reading the BRB and yeah there is no reason why you dont get the full 6" disembark, but is it classed as a move, its just the deep strike rules specify that you can either run or shoot after coming in but no move.  Ive only used pods in my last 4 games, since buying a handful to go with the 3 ironclads I bought.  So I am not fully up to speed on pod rules. Even though Ive played against em a ton of times.

Archived