CSM questions

Rilian

I bought the Chaos Space Marines codex lately and came up with some questions. Forgive me if those are the noobish ones, but I'm new to chaos and was always the imperial guard player.

1. When my daemon prince is attacking with a daemonic weapon and he uses the smash rule, do I add the attacks from the weapon? If not, do I need to roll, to see if my deamon prince lost a wound?

2. How much toughness have the plague marines have? Stats say it's 5 but the special rules says, that they got the mark of nurgle (which gives +1T).

Basicly the same question applies to the khorne berserkers. They got the mark of khorne in the special rules entry but they don't have rage there. Do they have the rage special rule, or not?

2+3: Generally speaking stat increases from wargear are shown in the profile, special rules granted are not. So yes, they have rage, and yes they are T5 not T6.

As for the Daemonweapon.... I see nothing in the FAQ or chaos book that would change it so you halve their base attacks, and then add additional attacks as normal. Wich means you roll as normal. Though I must admit, for some reason Im having an improbably hard time finding the daemon weapon rules. Are you talking about C:Daemons by chance?

It's a chaos space marines weapon. CSM codex page 30:

"Daemon weapon: At the start of each Fight sub-phase during which the bearer of a daemon weapon is locked in combat, roll a D6. On a roll of a 1, the model emmediately suffers a wound with no armour saves allowed and his weapon skill is 1 until the end of tha phase. On a roll of 2+ the bearer gains that many additional attacks until the end of the phase."

So if I charge having 5 base attacks and decide to make a smash attack I have 3 base attacks (5/2=3 or 2?) +1 from charging +D6 from weapon?

Smash question: halve the Attack stat (in this case 5), then add the extra Attacks from charging and the weapon.

Q: The rulebook says that you halve your Attacks characteristic if

you perform a Smash attack. However, if a Monstrous Creature has
an uneven number of Attacks, (3 for example), but has charged that
turn, does it receive the bonus Attack for charging before or after
halving its Attacks? (p42)
A: You halve the model’s Attacks characteristic first, then
apply any additional modifiers. In the example above, the
model would halve its Attacks first (rounding up to 2), then

receive a bonus Attack for charging.

So if I charge having 5 base attacks and decide to make a smash attack I have 3 base attacks (5/2=3 or 2?) +1 from charging +D6 from weapon?

Correct.  And 5/2 = 3 since you round up.

It is helpful to remember the standard order for applying modifier.

Multiplication

Additions

Set values

In this case the multiplier is 0.5 for Smash.  The additions are +1 from the charge  +d6 from the daemon weapon.  There is nothing that sets the value in this scenario so it gets 4+1d6 attacks.

Archived