Two different Squad choices...

Azurelink

I am going to be playing against a Blood Angel list and I was trying to finetune my list. I am using Chaos allies and originally planned on running some Plague Marines in a Rhino with a Chaos Lord. Here is what I have planned atm.... as a heads up, I do already have a troops choice chosen.

Chaos Lord - Burning Brand, Mark of Nurgle, Power Fist - 135

Plague Marines x8 (1 is a Champ) - 2x Plasma - Power Axe on Champ - Rhino - 272

Another idea I had was this....

Chaos Sorcerer - Force Axe - Burning Brand - 2x Psyker Increase - 140

Chosen x 8 (1 as a Champ) - Mark of Nurgle - 2x Plasma, 1x Melta - Power Axe on Champ - Rhino - 258

The idea is that the Sorcerer can roll on the Biomancy Table three times. If I manage to get Endurance, I can use that on the squad, granting them feel no pain and relentless. This squad should be just as durable as Plague Marines (No cover save from defensive grenades though), with an extra attack each (Sorcerer losses one and Champ remains the same though) and I can unload a volley of Plasma and Melta... and Smite. So that would be 9x AP2 shots, should I run across some Terminators. And if I dont, I still have the Burning Brand to scorch my way through Marines. I do lose Fearless, however.  Assuming I do get Endurance, the Chosen can also assault after shooting a volley of bullets (I am aware that the shooting could make it a lot harder to make the charge). 

To me, the second idea is riskier, they do not have Fearless, lose out on Defensive Grenades, and are not scoring units, but could come out as a more dangerous unit if I roll Endurance. As is, it is a 2k point game and I have 4 scoring units, one for the backfield and three highly mobile ones. With a power fist, the Lord can instant kill T4 enemies and the Sorcerer can do the same with a Force Weapon.

The biggest issue my army has is lack of AP2 weaponry (I can take out tanks no problem). What do you think of these two designs? What would you change? One of the point sinks I am worried about is the Power Axe and Power Fist. If I dont get into melee, they seem kinda worthless (but I will be fighting Blood Angels...) 

Archived