Battle Force Box

Spaniard

I wish they would have gone to a standard RW bike faring set and the new Speeder sprue in the Battleforce/Dark Vengeance. I'm really struggling to decide what to do with the DV RW bikes because they look too out of place among the regular RW stuff.

5 Deathwing Command Squad, 10 Terminators, and a Venerable Dreadnought would be such a secksi Battleforce...

Paul

Yeah because GW are going to allow us to make virtually a full Deathwing army for £140.......

Wishful thinking at it's finest brother whistlingW.gif

Although it would have been nice to see perhaps elements of each Wing in the Battleforce, I am trying to build a Ravenwing army from scratch so having a complete Attack Squadron in a single box is awesome.

I wish they would have gone to a standard RW bike faring set and the new Speeder sprue in the Battleforce/Dark Vengeance. I'm really struggling to decide what to do with the DV RW bikes because they look too out of place among the regular RW stuff.

I'm just gonna suck it up and write it off as different evolutions of the bikes, in the same way that there are so many variants of space marine armor. Where I can, I am consolidating one type in one squad and the other type in another. However, in some cases that's just not going to be possible. Some marines like the new models, while some prefer to stick with the older ones. I'm sure they have many arguments over which bikes are best while waiting for their thunderhawk to get to the landing site.

I thought they'd reissue DA Battleforce -- Command squad, Scout snipers, Devastators, combat squad and Rhino. The box was a steal back in 2007 for 50 J. 

But yes, you sure can build typhoon variant, cause RW spue has them.

is that something new, on the gameworkshop site it doesnt mention it

Nope, nothing new, that's the way it always has been. Each RW Battleforce comes with three full RW upgrade frames/accessory packs. It's why the RW Battleforce is still the best deal I've seen out of all of the Battleforces.

Yeah, those sprues are great. In addition to the stuff to upgrade the bikes (winged cowls, etc), there are ravenwing shoulder pads, ravenwing heads, an oustretched arm with a power sword in it, and also some upgrade items for regular vehicles - big dark angels symbols to glue on the side of tanks, lots of purity seals and waving scrolls, etc. They're great sprues.

Archived