Imperial Guard Sentinel

magnefjord

This is basically an idea that I've had since I was a kid and that I finally came around to make, and so far I'm pratty satisfied with it, but we will have to see when I come around to actually start painting it, as i have a few other projects going on at the same time at the moment. But I hope you like this one from me, and if you have any Q&Q it is as always most welcome :)

gallery_40324_8370_148989.jpggallery_40324_8370_208003.jpggallery_40324_8370_634052.jpggallery_40324_8370_957780.jpggallery_40324_8370_1782461.jpggallery_40324_8370_699680.jpggallery_40324_8370_1267824.jpg

And again, Q&Q are most welcome

Nice job on modifying it for a dynamic pose. I like Sentinels, the kit is good and it's pretty quick to paint too. I look forward to seeing it painted smile.png

Thankyou, I like them too, they're pretty fun to play around with to make up different poses and conversion ideas :) and hopefully I will start painting it this week.

Lovely dynamic pose without being over the top.

Great work.

Thankyou, I've had the idea for something like this since I started with this as a kid, some 10 years ago, and I've finally been able to start with it, I'm glad you like it :)

that base and pose look pretty cool

Thankyou, I will hopefully start painting it this week :)

I've finally gotten around to start painting this thing, and so far I'm pretty happy with it, I've just put on the basic colors on the base and just about finished the cockpit, tell me what you think :)

gallery_40324_8370_388413.jpggallery_40324_8370_505567.jpggallery_40324_8370_497933.jpg

And as always, Q&Q are most welcome :)

Looking good.

There does seem to be a bit of a mould line over the top of his helmet, but not too bad.

I really like the green screen and detail on it.

Thanks, and yea, I seem to have missed out on the helmet there, if it weren't for the pictures I wouldn't have seen it, it isn't visible otherwise. But thankyou for your comment :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm sorry it's been a little while since last update, I've had a few other things to think about, but I have now finished the base for it, which you will see below, so let me know what you think of it ok smile.png

gallery_40324_8370_17768.jpggallery_40324_8370_778215.jpggallery_40324_8370_430247.jpggallery_40324_8370_635406.jpg

That's all for now, I hope you like it, and as always Q&Q are most welcome smile.png Have a nice weekend guys

Good stuff. The damage to the wall looks good, the way the Sentinel's toes fit the broken wall it's standing on and the dirty on the feet. All very nicely done.

Thankyou, it took some time to figure out how to make the foot fit into the wall, but yes, it does look pretty good now :) Thankyou for your comment 

Can't wait to see how the whole thing is gonna look. I'm really impressed.

Thankyou very much, it means alot to be able to impress someone here, meaning I have never done that befor. And I have another project staring today, one that has to be finished as soon as I can, so I dont know how much work I'm gonna be doing on the Sentinel for a while, so it may take some time till the next update, sorry. But thankyou for your comment :)

Nice work thumbsup.gif Your conversion is almost tempting me to go out and get one of these walkers myself smile.png

Thankyou for your comment, and yea, this kit is great, the conversion capabilities for this thing is almost endless, it's soo much fun to work with :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I apologise for not updating for a while, I've had quite a few other things to do. But there will be a small update this evening, when I get back home later, and I hope you'll like it :) Again I apologise for the delay but just have a little more patience and you'll get an udate later tonight :) 

Like I promised you guys earlier, here's the update, and as you can see I've now finished the base, legs and part of the cockpit, I've also finished the cagebars that go on top, so the only thing left to do is the front peice and the gun, and I've made a slight modification to the mussle of the autocannon, so now it kinda looks like the musslebrake of the Barret M107 .50 cal sniper. But you will see it eventually when it's finished, but I hope you like it :)

gallery_40324_8370_357831.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_640198.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_709125.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_367418.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_294282.jpg

And as always, Q&Q are most welcome :)

Looking good.

Is that a hint of the camo scheme on the coverings of the smoke stacks? I'm keen to see the 'body' of the walker now.

Thankyou, and yes, that is a taste of the camo scheme on the coverings on the back, and it will be on the front too :) 

Great WIP, very detailed.  I appreciate you sharing it with us. Thanks

Thankyou, I'm just doing the best I can and taking pics for you when I can remember it  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, here's the last update for you. The sentinel is now finished and I hope you like it, since I'm really happy with it :D haha I've been wanting to do this thing for 10 years and finally I have it finished :D So you'll have to excuse my excitement today :) But I hope you'll like it.

gallery_40324_8370_1377471.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_467896.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_1766600.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_1336475.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_1791877.jpg

gallery_40324_8370_552733.jpg

And as always are Q&Q most welcome :) Tell me what you think guys

I think it's great. I might have to get some Sentinels sometime myself.

Is the muzzle break on the autocannon standard? It looks a bit Barret-esque...converted?

And I love the camo! I'm going to be doing some vets in urban camo and might steal that camo scheme...

Awesome! Looks very much like an AT-ST from Return of the Jedi with that paint scheme. 

Thankyou very much for your comment :) And yes, the thought has hit me befor too, the sentinel kit is kinda smilar to the AT-ST if you do it right :) 

I think it's great. I might have to get some Sentinels sometime myself.

Is the muzzle break on the autocannon standard? It looks a bit Barret-esque...converted?

And I love the camo! I'm going to be doing some vets in urban camo and might steal that camo scheme...

I highly recommend getting a sentinel, it's just amasing and an infinate amount of fun and possibilities to build and paint, and as for the muzzle brake on the autocannon, yes, it is a conversion, but I'd say it almost looks better this way, and it's not very hard to do either :)  And for stealing my camo scheme, be my guest, I'm just happy to help give people ideas, so if you want to use anything from my sentinel, feel free :) And thankyou for your comment 

Agreed, that camouflage scheme is rather good... I might have to get a few more Sentinels for myself now!

Thankyou, and as I've said, I do highly recommend the sentinel kit for the infinate amount of fun and possibilities making it, I wil certainly get more of these in the future :) 

Archived