Deathwing Apothecary

GI Joker

The search function either isn't working for me or hasn't turned anything up and the official FAQ has nothing to say on the matter so my question is this: if I make a Terminator carrying a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield an apothecary, does he loose his Storm Shield? The entry just says that the narthecium replaces the Power Fist but makes no mention of anything else that he may have in his left hand. Does that mean that there must be a Power Fist to replace in the first place or it won't work? Or if he has a Storm Shield he gets to keep it? I can read it both ways.

Yep, the power fist is needed for the Narthecium to replace it. So in order to have an Apothecary you can't upgrade/change your powerfist. So you're stuck with it. It sucks I know (my apothecary model has a TH/SS), but this is the way new codices work out sometimes!

Yep, the power fist is needed for the Narthecium to replace it. So in order to have an Apothecary you can't upgrade/change your powerfist. So you're stuck with it. It sucks I know (my apothecary model has a TH/SS), but this is the way new codices work out sometimes!

but could he have an ass can? as its the stormbolter you swap?

i dis agree... the option for apothecary comes before the th/ss option. so by order of options, you replace the power fist with the narthecium, and exchange all weapons for th/ss. the narthecium is wargear and not a weapon. iirc the options in list entries are ordered in a specific way (ie c:ig where it says as the last option for a squad, '' ..any models that have not taken an upgrade from the above list...'')

I hope what i said makes sense >_<

The way I read it is that the model is upgraded from a Deathwing Terminator to a Deathwing Apothecary.  It doesn't matter what equipment does or doesn't get replaced, he is no longer a Deathwing Terminator and may not take any options for Deathwing Terminators because he no longer qualifies as such (hence the separate stat line denoting Character with the specific name).  I don't necessarily agree with it, but as written, that's how I read it.

They're probably some sort of medical savants which either know how to wear power armour, hit stuff and heal people, or wear TDA, shoot stuff, and heal people, with no room for any knowledge about shooting/hitting left.

Archived