Fallen and the Greater good?

Tiger9gamer

so I had an idea about tau with fallen alies... would it actually happen? Like, some fallen group wants to fianlly have a secluded life with the tau, and works as allies? or they are hunted down as they sell information to the tau?

It is quite possible that they would do so. Fallen generally come int three shades, Loyal in their own minds, Chaos followers and middle-ground. The first usually are the ones who choose the quiet life and hide in the general population helping out, fixing things and generally trying to make up for their treachery by serving the Imperial population. Then you have the Chaos renegades who serve Chaos, finally you get the third group members of who often join mercenary units or may try and fit in somewhere quiet again.

I see no reason why the third group would not work with Tau in some shape or form, except for the usual thing of Fallen do not congregate together much if they can help it. For the simple reason that to do so would be attract more attention to themselves. However, a small enough group, 20 to 30 say, would be large enough to work with the Tau but small enough to stay somewhat secret.

The real question is whether or not the Tau would want them alongside, and if they have joined in with the whole greater good thing or are merely soldiers of fortune.

The most likely outcome is that some group of agents on the Eastern fringe discovers them, it passes up the chain to someone who knows enough to send someone to check it out, that person says they are probably fallen, or have info to fallen, or something, so a strike team nearby (any Unforgiven Chapter) is rustled up who go out, break their heads in, and drags them all back to the Rock.

I think I would agree with Brother-Sergeant Bohemond's assessment, and as far as timing, a group like that might actually be able to last a bit of time, considering how long information seems to take to travel through the Imperium (definitely not instantaneous communication here) and how unreliable information conduits can be.

Game-play-wise, I would see a group like that with Tau as the primary army and any Fallen units being the allies, with just an HQ, single troops selection and no more than one other unit.

that was what i was thinking. probably a veteran or assault squad for some CCW goodness. would they have acess to tanks?

In my oh-so-very-humble and totally unbiased opinion... No. tongue.png

Rationale: all assets within the Rock remained in the Rock upon the Cataclysmic Ravaging of the Ancient Planet (I wish I could abbreviate that tongue.png), barring the ones obliterated or being wielded by the Fallen. Furthermore, unless they had a certified Techpriest on hand, Tau technology would prove incompatible with the superior Astartes tank design. Barring Mechanicus gone rogue and into the Greater Good, I don't see that happening.

The way I see it would be that an individual fallen or small group may try to hide his/their location on a Tau colony world as Gue'vesa. If any imperial forces (DA) decided to take the fallen then the Tau would have to respond in their defence (Greater good and all that). The fallen may join in this fight or just sneak off back into the shadows.

On a side note this made me raise an eyebrow. Hammerhead anyone?

Tau technology would prove incompatible with the superior Astartes tank design

The way I see it would be that an individual fallen or small group may try to hide his/their location on a Tau colony world as Gue'vesa. If any imperial forces (DA) decided to take the fallen then the Tau would have to respond in their defence (Greater good and all that). The fallen may join in this fight or just sneak off back into the shadows.

Yes, superior tank design. You read it right. For our steeds are the deliverers of justice, vengeance, revenge, revengeance and the roar of quadrillions of souls irate over the injustices done unto mankind, powered by mechanical spirits whose zeal ignites that of its riders, so that Astartes and Metal Bawks may become as one in the purging of the foe.

While the Tau have flashy nonsense that they cynically jury rig into functioning.

Have you never read your Mechanicum Newsletter?

Yes, superior tank design. You read it right. For our steeds are the deliverers of justice, vengeance, revenge, revengeance and the roar of quadrillions of souls irate over the injustices done unto mankind, powered by mechanical spirits whose zeal ignites that of its riders, so that Astartes and Metal Bawks may become as one in the purging of the foe.

While the Tau have flashy nonsense that they cynically jury rig into functioning.

Have you never read your Mechanicum Newsletter?

I took a vow to not post again and watch in the shadows till I fancy it again, but damit this post was too good to ignore!.

Ill even do something else I never do, hit the like button :P

Read it - love it. All praise the Emperor and his Mechanicum!

It was just my little blue xenos side coming out whistlingW.gif

Like button hit for the first time....

Archived