Astorath's new project...

Well with my recent discovery about 6th ed's change to rage, I've decided to finally get around to doing a project that's been in the works since 5th ed.  The creation of the Exsanguinator chapter....in the dex it says that they were undone by their gene-seed....now to me that means they all fell to black rage.

So my plan is to create a dc army with bolters, in drop pods, with lots of drop podding dreads and other such goodies.  My biggest problem is the color scheme...the chapter's is not listed so I'm not sure just how I'm going to have them painted.  I'm kinda thinking red, black, and gold.

Any thoughts?  Advice and such?

I'm not sure red black and gold is the way to go.

Exsanguinator implies the removal of blood, so I'd be more inclined to go with a white or pale grey scheme, maybe with red accents. Think of a corpse that has been drained of all blood: it's going to be pale, bleached, almost ghostly.

Sweet another Exsanguinator marine.

Yup, soon to be anyway...how do you run yours?  What paint scheme did you use?

I choose to keep mine more ranged orientated. Kinda unorthodox for a BA successor, don't you think?. But I wanted to to show a flaw they have. Check out my IA on them. I wanted them created sometime in the third founding like the Flesh Eaters but kinda their polar opposites. Where the Flesh Eater's are more up front all out assault army. The Exsanguinators would then be the more aloft, reserved, hidden assassins. Since the chapter is doomed to die they wouldn't throw themselves at the enemy. They rely on heavy scout intake to constantly have feet on the battlefield.

The colors I picked were all black with red shoulder  trim, and a red stripe on their helm.

Mainly chose the black cause it's dark, and it's not to flashy. The red stripe on the helm is symbolic to the third founding where the Flesh Eater too have a similar stripe on their helms ( theirs being white instead) .

I tried to mirror the Flesh Eater chapter as if both were cousin chapter's that with their vampire-like tendencies were doomed to be fatally undone.

Archived