Knights of the Order Prototype

syddraf

Hi all just wanted to get comments on this idea I had tonight, I wanted my Knights of the Order (sternguard allies), to have a really sense that they are elite to the point of being otherworldly.

I was always going to have them robed in black, with black armour and their faces covered, this has evolved to have black stained robes, their armour having a undercoat of black with their chapter colour just visible in deep recesses, as if all armour of the unforgiven is black first, then painted the chapter colours later, and when they join the knight the armour is sand blasted back to that black layer.

But the face was something I couldn't come up with a standout idea for until I was looking at the watcher in the dark figure that comes with the deathwing set, that's a face you would truly fear to look at, a headless death bringer, so using a spare head for the deathwing box and my trusty dremel I drilled out the head, and I'm really happy with the result.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/105428-koto2/

Next stage done, just ordered some of Anvil Industry new carbine lance combo guns, plus 2 sets of bionics for arms and legs.

Next step is adding detail to the backpacks, not sure if this will be a trophy style rack on top, or something else hanging off it.

Hope to get this test a quick paint to see how my scheme idea works tomorrow

Archived