Can Dante join death company?

UltraBlood

I know it is probably a stupid question easily answered by looking in the codex but I'm stuck at work and my codex is 20 miles away and I'm trying to put together a list and this combination is sticking in my head for some reason.

It probably isn't a good combination but I'm curious so any clarification would be helpful.

Agreed. Coincidentally I'm also considering 15-20 DC, termi reclusiarch and Dante. Hit and run DC! With charge rerolls. Corbulo in the background perhaps.

I don't think there will be much "running".  More like: hit and overkill, especially with those re-rolls.

If you want to do a relatively point efficient hit and run DC squad, perhaps a 5 or 6 man jump pack DC squad with 3 or 4 power lances.  Four power lances gives you 20 WS5 S6 AP 3 attacks on the charge... then you run and do it all over... brutal.  It also gives you some ablative wounds with normal jump pack DC and Dante can tank a bit with his 2+ 4++ save.

I wouldn't buy jump for DC. I'd use the points for more DC bodies. Termi reclusiarch up front with Dante to soak soak 3 wounds. All non ap 3 should get look out, sir to the DC. I value 3+, 5+ fnp to be largely equal to 2+. :)

Edit:

Multi assault could, depending on the circumstances, be more viable.

The only solo guys in our codex who can't join the Death company are Mephiston, the Sanguinor, Death Company Tycho and our Techmarines because neither of them have the Independent Character rule.

I have only added Dante to the Death Company for Apocalypse games and yes, it is complete overkill. However a small number of DC with Dante as Zynk has suggested is certainly interesting.

If you're having an IC in the death company, throw Lemartes in there too.

Look out sir any plasma pistol shots onto him, until he fails a 4++.

As you choose who takes the wound in LO,S! this is the best way I can think of to soup up Lemmy.

Archived