BA Librarians - actually worth it?

Sanguis militis

Title says it all pretty well. In the two years I've been playing 40k, with the sons of Sanguinis being the only army I have collected and played, I have very rarely used librarians and when i did they seemed a colossal waste of points.

So brothers I ask, how the :cuss do you go about using them?? Especially in an assault oriented, jump assault list?

My army looks sorta like this:

Reclusiarch

Corbulo

Multiple full assault squads with JP

2 stormravens and 2 furiosos in Lucius pods or on the ravens

Let me be a little more clear: should I stick with codex powers? Divination? Mephy with biomancy? Any good tactics with the assault squads/ assault termites?

No matter how I look at it chaplains and priests are more reliable and better support

I'm guessing you want a non-bias response as you have posted it here rather than on the BA boards?

Personally if playing Blood Angels, there is no better HQ choice. Be it using the Codex powers for Shield of Sanguinius or using the BRB powers for Divination you will find them the staple of most lists, especially in jump lists.

Exactly I was looking for opinions from BA players and our opponents. I'm trying really hard to put them into my tournament list so I can abuse my opponents with mephiston but psykers' strengths in general just seem to be lost on me (maybe templars shoulda been my army?) what makes them such a great choice for any space marine army - blood angel jump lists especially?

For the record I speak from a BA perspective. For us, Librarians are force multipliers and that is why we take them. Our Captains offer us very little and with Divination, our Librarians can do what our Reclusiarch/Chaplains do but every player turn rather than just on the charge.

As for Mephiston, he is best suited for eating troops and tanks. Make sure he is supported and don't send him against AP2 targets...

For BA, a standard Librarian is the best non-Mephiston HQ available.  All of my BA lists utilize either a Libby (friendlier lists) or Mephiston (more competitive lists)

Also follow the link for food for thought: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/263985-librarian-powers/

Archived