Malakim Phoros

j-smuv

As a Lamenter’s player, I like the idea of fielding Malakim Phoros featured in FW Badab War pt 1.  

In 5th edition, however, his unit’s fall to the rage usr after taking he took a wound was a BIG downside.   That. . . and he can’t take a jump pack. 

But in 6th edition, rage is much better.  And this leads me to think that while he may not be optimal, he may at least be viable. 

So, here are my questions:

Is it reasonable to center a hammer unit that can match his speed (i.e. Assault Terminators, Honor Guard) on the idea of orchestrating a wound to get that unit rage?

If so, what would that unit look like for you? 

Assault terminators all the way with him. Tank small arms fire on him till he takes a wound, then u can charge with 6attack lightning claws and 5 attack thunder hammer marines, that would be 18 and 10 from my usual loadout. NOt a lot will stand up to that much beating...

Assault terminators all the way with him. Tank small arms fire on him till he takes a wound, then u can charge with 6attack lightning claws and 5 attack thunder hammer marines, that would be 18 and 10 from my usual loadout. NOt a lot will stand up to that much beating...

I was thinking something along those same lines.  I like the idea of hitting at 3 different initiatives. 

What about a Sanguinary Priest or a Chaplain in Terminator Armor?  Overkill?  I kinda like the idea of "go big or go home" with this squad, but I don't want to invest too much in something with such limited mobility.   

Does he have a storm shield? You dont want him to actually die, do you?

You could put a chappy up front, with Phoros right behind. The chappy takes the brunt of the fire, Look out, Sir-ing appropriate wounds onto Phoros/TH/SS terms.

Archived