Battleforce Landspeeder

shortysl

Has anyone had problems with the fit of the main chassis? The upper and lower halves are giving me no end of trouble; I'll probably have to Green Stuff the gaps, they're that big.

Anyone else suffered build problems with Landspeeders? Need several for my Ravenwing force and it'll be a nightmare if they're all like this.

I had that problem too just yesterday. Also, are the Typhoon launchers hrd to put on for you?

I haven't fitted them to this one yet, but the Landspeeder I did a few weeks ago ended up with slightly wonky Typhoon launchers because again, the fit wasn't great. Ironically, I didn't have problems with the chassis on that one. I know GW hasn't updated the Landspeeder model for some time but I thought the days of awful build problems like this were long gone. By comparison, the bikes from the Battleforce and the Black Knights I bought recently have been a pleasure to build; they fit together beautifully.

If I remember correctly, the Battleforce Landspeeder is an older kit, not the same kit as the standalone Landspeeder kit.

Oh so they have updated the kit? Didn't realise, but it would go some way toward explaining why I didn't have the same problems with my previous Speeder; that was bought as a standalone kit.

Ok, little annoyed that my Battleforce has the older, shabbier kit in it but I'll get over it. Thanks for the information gents.

I assembled three different Speeders, all old versions, and all had problems, so I really do sympathize. I ended up throwing one away completely, I had marred it so badly. If I had more forethought, I would have saved it for a crash marker or something. The only advice I have is to use thick rubber bands to hold the hull pieces together to get as close a join as possible. Even the best one I have has a pretty crappy GS patch job though. The other I just try to ignore the gaps.

Good luck with your assembly!

I had troubled assembling some of the speeders from my Ravenwing boxes.  I had to glue them and use masking tape and rubber bands to hold them in position while they dried.  They were the old style landspeeders, which were a nightmare.  But I don't think I had any problems with the last one I did.  Maybe they updated the sprue, or maybe I have just gotten better at assembling those old landspeeders.

Having assembled close to 15 of those old speeders.... I can tell you only one gem about the gaps.

You have used too much glue.

Dry fit the main bits of the seeder... Bottom, seats, dash, and top. Make sure it looks right with clean seams.

Glue the dash to the top.

DO NOT glue the seat to either.

2 points of glue at the nose.

DO NOT glue the top & bottom at the back.

Attach thrusters to top and let settle onto bottom.

Archived