Land Raider Deepstrike clarification

Boomkapow

Since Land Raider Crusaders can deepstrike and are assault vehicles, can a unit that deepstrikes in a land raider deploy then assault?

sorry if this is a newb question, but i have only played one game of 6th.

No, the unit is still considered as arriving via deepstrike and cannot assault that turn.

Vanguard Veterans are the only ones who can ignore this rule via their Heroic Intervention.

also, i believe it specifically states that units inside a landraider can't assault out of it on the turn it deepstrikes.

Yes, the Blood Angels Land Raider is enormously clear about this. In fact, if I'm not mistaken they mention it twice; once under the Assault Vehicle rule, and once under the Land Raider's Deep Strike rule.

I completey missed that.... Our raiders can deep strike?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.  Deepstriking Land Raiders was the inspiration for your avatar after all.

I thought the "Flying Land Raider" was a jab at the Stormraven back when only BA had it.

I completey missed that.... Our raiders can deep strike?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.  Deepstriking Land Raiders was the inspiration for your avatar after all.

I thought the "Flying Land Raider" was a jab at the Stormraven back when only BA had it.

I thought it was a mix to be honest.  The original rumors of the Stormraven was that it was the equivalent of a flying Land Raider.  But the deepstriking Land Raider thing also brought up the joke that the Land Raiders themselves were flying, hence their deepstrike rule.

The most hilarious thing about deep striking land raiders is that a single gretchin can destroy the whole land raider and its cargo if it scatters. If they were explicitly teleporting land raiders, I would understand it, but simply dropping on a gretchin instead of landscape is ridiculous.

I think I would rather have fast land raiders than deep striking land raiders (can troops assault out of a fast vehicle though? I'm quite noobish myself so I wouldn't know tongue.png ). Last time I checked, the LR is a pretty big (and expensive) model and the chances of it scattering and misshaping are too great to risk losing it in my opinion. This becomes especially risky if you have a squad inside (ex. assault termies or whatever you like to toss in your LR). One tiny gretchin (or scarab, or ripper swarm, etc...) in the way and hundreds of points go down the drain wallbash.gif The only way way I could see this working any better is if Sanguinius himself willed that your LR arrives safely, or you use Tycho's re roll thing on one of the dice and hope for the best. Either way, I don't see myself trying to drop a land raider anytime soon tongue.png (also considering the fact that I sadly don't even own one yet sad.png )

You can't disembark out of a vehicle that moved more than 6''

I believe the most effective strategy to DS a raider would be to use drop pods with locator beacons msn-wink.gif

alright thank you for the answer about the fast land raiders, seems a bit less practical now I suppose. Also, why did I not think of the locator beacons on the drop pods? I've used them for everything else! oh well, derp moment I suppose.

Archived