Building a DA list around the bastion?

John_f

Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm toying with the idea of the banner of devestation and or a force field generator inside a bastion. Equip the command squad with bolters and put them in the bastion. some more bolters on the roof and the ravenwing outside the bastion. Add some heavy fire support and some flyers/AA and I think you got a decent fire base still with points to add some objective grabbing units.

Has anyone tried this?

If you load it into the Bastion, the potential to take massive damage is very high, especially against a small squad. Detonation result causing 4D6 Str6 hits is no fun at all...

I think pre-Tau codex the Bastion+Banner of Dev would have been awesome (except against Heldrakes, what else is new), but now it just remains to be seen how popular Farstrike-Hammerhead becomes. Even as it stands now, Bastions generally have several hard-counters: Heldrakes, Hammerheads, Str9+ Ordnance, Deepstrike Melta, etcetc

I think it is worth mentioning though that if a Bastion has no one in it (inside or on top) then it may not be directly attacked. If your opponent does not have any Barrage weapons then I feel deploying the Banner hiding behind the Bastion is a much wiser choice as far less easily mitigated.

Archived