can an evading helldrake vector strike?

CheeseWhiz

I have a small order of operations question for everybody, say a helldrake comes onto the board, flies over a tank and then ends its movement, now say an icarus lascannon inflicts a penetrating hit to the helldrake which proceeds to evade and pass its 5+ save. the question is now that it can only snap fire does it still get to make a vector strike? or does the vector strike occur before the interceptor shot is made? Both rules for interceptor and vector strike say end of movement phase, anyone got some clarification?

If this is all one turn, the vector strike and the interceptor shot both happen at the same time; the end of the movement phase.  The player who's turn it is choose the order they happen.  I have done this a couple of times as well and ofcourse I will resolve the vector strike before the intercepter fire.  If you take out the gun emplacement (or the tank in your example) then you avoid the intercepter shot completely. 

This isn't really an answer to your question, but since the Invulnerable save granted by the Daemon USR is the same 5++ as an evade cover save, why ever evade?

In this situation I had a null zone on the helldrake my opponent reasoned that a 5+ and no shots was better than reroll 5+. I wasnt going to argue with him since it meant avoiding his template weapons.

Archived