Return to the rhino rush

Demoulius

I like the idea, since i love rhinos and i'm still not ready to let them go.

True that as others have said our rhinos cost a lot, but assault squads greatly reduce that hurdle. Still doesn't do anything about the short range pistols and assault weapons, so is a though choice.

Great way to deliver short/mid range fire support that would have issues keeping the pace with jumpers, without being suicidal like with a pod (which is a plus for me when i pay 300ish points for said fire support unit, say sternguard).

All in all, i think i'd be watching this thread carefully, need to get those engines running again.

As an aside, i don't think a Helldrake can vector strike and then shoot as Xenith said. Might have lost a faq or something but i remember vector strike counting as if the model already shot one weapon, and the drake has only one (feel free to correct me and/or bash me on this one)

@Xenith,

Sadly dont see a really viable way of freeing up points for corbs dry.png and dont have the model ready either if I did.... Is he good for anything other then the 2+ FnP and single reroll though? I always wonder if his point costs is warranted by the buffs he gives out ermm.gif

Corbulo is, in my opinion, the best costed, most valuable and most useful unit available to us.

Next to Mephiston I think hes one of the units that i do not ever want to go into a competitive environment without.

Hes solid in combat, great with buffs, and tanks like a monster. The reroll is just the cherry on the top.

He's certainly nice, especially with all the Tau and Eldar creeping around lately, but where do you put him nowadays?

He's certainly nice, especially with all the Tau and Eldar creeping around lately, but where do you put him nowadays?

Those are the very reasons I dislike being 'forced' to bring him. We don't really need Mephiston to beat Tau in CC and Eldar can easily kill him with rending/lances/D-weapon shooting. 

EDIT: Considering the mobility and reach of the top armies I think a storm raven is now a must have in a tournament list, if only to make sure Mephiston doesn't end up dead before he has the chance to do anything. 

@Xenith,

Sadly dont see a really viable way of freeing up points for corbs dry.png and dont have the model ready either if I did.... Is he good for anything other then the 2+ FnP and single reroll though? I always wonder if his point costs is warranted by the buffs he gives out ermm.gif

Corbulo is, in my opinion, the best costed, most valuable and most useful unit available to us.

Next to Mephiston I think hes one of the units that i do not ever want to go into a competitive environment without.

Hes solid in combat, great with buffs, and tanks like a monster. The reroll is just the cherry on the top.

Pods, Rhinos or Razors are my usual bets.

@Xenith,

Pods, Rhinos or Razors are my usual bets.

Well ok that's obvious, so I should rephrase that: What do you put him with? :P

Archived