Imperial Fist Terminator WIP

Tarok

Ave Brethren

After a 6 odd year sabbatical I've finally got a few spare hours to do some modelling. The subject is an Imperial Fist Terminator. Not my usual subject, but he's being asking for a paint job for a few years.

I like to start a figure by doing the base/groundwork first. Kinda gets me in the mood for the rest of the project. The figure will be given to a good friend who is an occasional player, but when he does he fields an IF army. As such I wanted to sort of integrate the playable base with a display base.

The base is almost done, just a few finishing touches to go. It's mostly layers of cork, with a bit of wire and plastruct H-beams for interest.

Below is shot of the display base sans playable base.

image.jpg

Next up the fitted bases as I had it yesterday. No more work done on the base today. (Vertical rod will be removed, it's just keeping open the spot where the figure's right boot will be attached)

image.jpg

Figure was primed this afternoon and painting proper will commence shortly. I know there's not really much to comment on right now, but c&c welcome nonetheless. smile.png

Tarok

Steady on mate, you're going to wear out that exclamation key there wink.png

Since you asked so nicely, here's a pic of the primed figure:

image.jpg

For anyone else interested, a small composite of the primed figure, completed (unprimed) base, and primed base and figure dry fitted.

image.jpg

Annnnnnd the full sized pic frontal orientation...

image.jpg

(Apologies for the quality of photos: they're been taken with an iPhone. I'll taken decent pics when I'm done smile.png )

Tarok

Thanks for commenting, MagicMan.

Yup, the figure is not one that would have been my first choice, but it was in the stash. I think I got it with a WD mag a few years ago; the Terminator and an Ork were on the same sprue. Anyway, not looking to win a GD with it, just get back into modelling ;)

Thanks again for the base compliment, mate :)

Archived