Lion El'Jonson on a bike?

EmperorSteed

I found an awesome model the other day of a "No really, we aren't Space Marines" in lion themed armor, on a lion themed bike. I'm curious, would the Primarch of the Dark Angels ride a SM Bike? He is, after all the Primarch over the Ravenwing, and his youth was spent in an order of knights, the codex wasn't very clear on this, but when I think about knights they are always on horseback.

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1424

Obviously it will need some work, like the Lion's helm, and the Lion's Sword, but it seems like a cool concept. Let me know your thoughts.

From what i can tell, there isn't that much information out there about the lion. For the first company master, and the only loyal primarch that is confirmed to be alive, hhe doesn't get much love. But if i ever wanted to model the trader Horus, I have hundreds of accounts of his armor, wargear, personality, whether he eats his bread sticks before his soup when he eats at the olive garden. So, why can't a loyalest get some love? 

Eh? He already had two books of the sort. Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels. Granted, they were not universally loved (I quite liked them ._.), but there they are.

I'm with you in liking them.

True, but as of right now he is the only heir to the throne of Terra. the least they could do is give him a heresy book with some second hand accounts of his actions, much like Horus Rising.

We're still waiting for a 3rd (and probably 4th) book for our Heresy series. It will come, but we will need patience. For it is like the Hunt. Never ending, always waiting in the shadows tongue.png

From Descent of Angels (Chapter 13):

The Lion turned his horse, the mightiest beast ever bred by the horsemasters of Caliban, and addressed his warriors as they rode into the clearing before the waterfall.

I'm pretty sure the Lion knew how to ride at least passably well (unless he was wanting to make himself look foolish in front of the new recruits on their first ride).  ;)  But I can't really envision the Lion doing something only passably well - if he's going to go to the trouble of learning how to do something, he's going to do it well.  

The fact that he favors two-handed swords would imply that he only fights on foot, but that doesn't preclude him from fighting as a cuirassier (using a pistol from horseback), or as a dragoon (using his horse to reach the fight quickly, and dismounting when he did), or using a lance and dismounting after the first charge (during which lances commonly break).

As such, I would assume he knew how to ride bikes and jetbikes as well (though he wouldn't necessarily prefer it over fighting on foot).

WatchCaptainAzrael, on 25 Apr 2013 - 19:47, said:

It's been years since I read that book, I don't remember every detail. sad.png

I actually didn't remember that part either - I had to dig for it. msn-wink.gif It just struck me as odd that the Lion couldn't ride a horse. I read somewhere that horses (in real life) shouldn't carry more than 20% of their body weight, and when horses grow beyond the 1,600 pound range, they really can't even do that much. But these are the "huge destriers" of Caliban - perhaps the ancient settlers of Caliban figured out a way to breed stronger horses. (Alternately, the horses may even have power-armour of their own to help carry heavier loads.)

[edited for grammar]

Completely off topic, but the Lion doesn't consider any Primarch an heir to Terra or the Emperor, none of them, not even himself, is worthy of that in the Lion's eyes/mind.

Lion on a bike: okay, if you want to. :D I mean, the Space Marine bikes are already the size of a small car, aren't they? The Lion's bike would be the size of a UPS truck or something, that's be a big freakin' bike!

I was going to suggest a Jetbike, but I don't think we need two jetbike mounted Primarchs, do we?

Cheers,

Jono

As long as he doesn't offer hit and run and outflank, it should be fine, right?  It's not like Horus has a monopoly on TDA, or we can't give jump packs to anyone other than Corax.  On the converse, though, I suppose it putting him on a normal SM bike would help differentiate the Lion from the Khan...  I wonder if the engine on an SM bike would be able to handle the strain of pushing a primarch in power armour (whereas I would see an anti-grav jetbike accelerating very slowly due to having to move that much extra mass, but still able to function).

I must be in a minority that thinks Scibor is crap....

Wash your mouth out Arkley! msn-wink.gif

I like *some* of the Scibor stuff, and I'm currently painting one of their Lion Knights to be a counts-as Belial/The Lion. I actually prefer their fantasy stuff to most of the sci-fi stuff (especially the dwarves), although if I was ever painting some Black Templar characters I'd definitely be getting a couple of their Templar-esque Knights. Interestingly, its their jetbikes that I like the least!

As for the Lion riding a bike.....if the Primarch wants to go for a burn on a hog with his posse, who's gonna say no? I would imagine most Primarchs/chapter Masters would be both capable of biking and would also do it if the situation demanded it tactically.....just because our codex won't allow Azrael to be fielded on a bike doesn't mean he couldn't do it "in real life". msn-wink.gif

About scibor things... I love the jetbikes and i bought the "angelesque" one to make a really imposing Sammael...

i like also their accessories (shoulderpads, veichle plates, etc.) and bases.

i dont like most of their scifi models but i love their fantasy range. The dwarves are AMAZING...!!!

Archived