belial and the shoostings of deepstrike

Apahllo

belial is a really useful character to lead you  army in to battle with, but im wondering how to really utilize his tactical precision and the deathwing rule, vengeful strike.

my plan is to take a librarian from the vanilla codex who has gates to infinity accompany belial and a 10 man(2 heavy weapons of your choice) deathwing squad and teleport around the map 24 inches every turn and not scatter plus getting TL on all their weapons...

what do you think? and i have checked the rules, i cant see any holes to this tactic.. gates uses deepstrike rules, this activates belials tactical precision and vengeful strike.

yes a loose argument at best and its the only thing wrong with it but i knew the validity after reading gates to infinity in the vanila codex as "removed from the tabletop and immediately placed back together within 24" using the deepstrike rules"

if your using the deepstrike rules then any point made against this, cant be about the deepstrike rules.

Belial's accurate Deep Strike only applies if all models in the unit have Inner Circle (which your allied Librarian will not).

I know this because I wanted to do it, but decided against the loss of accuracy. So I just roll on Telekinesis instead.

Belial's accurate Deep Strike only applies if all models in the unit have Inner Circle (which your allied Librarian will not).

I know this because I wanted to do it, but decided against the loss of accuracy. So I just roll on Telekinesis instead.

Nuts. sad.png

A DA librarian with prescience could offer you re-rolls to shooting and assault... But that's less mobile than being able to teleport all over the place. Roll for TK, and also take prescience if you don't get the right roll (or just want to assault that round)?

Thank you, I am glad I shared my idea and had it cleared up before using it.

Back to the drawing board...

I did not know this either actually, although I think DA work better without C:SM allies anyways due to many of our price breaks.

Yeah, someone brought this up somewhere else last night. Bummer.

Nuts. sad.png

A DA librarian with prescience could offer you re-rolls to shooting and assault... But that's less mobile than being able to teleport all over the place. Roll for TK, and also take prescience if you don't get the right roll (or just want to assault that round)?

That is indeed what I do. And when you do get Gate from rolling, it is glorious.

Just don't do it if there's a Riptide with an Ion Accelerator and Early Warning Override.

Nuts. sad.png

That is indeed what I do. And when you do get Gate from rolling, it is glorious.

Just don't do it if there's a Riptide with an Ion Accelerator and Early Warning Override.

That only works on units arriving from reserves, Gate of Infinity is not arriving from reserves.

That only works on units arriving from reserves, Gate of Infinity is not arriving from reserves.

Does that mean that DWA is immune too?

DM

With the recent FAQ I would say no. SInce they do take up the 50% towards reserves, so that means they are in reserves at some point. Plus in order for the IC to join a unit Deep Striking they can only do it in the reserve stage. 

Does that mean that DWA is immune too?

DM

With the recent FAQ I would say no. SInce they do take up the 50% towards reserves, so that means they are in reserves at some point. Plus in order for the IC to join a unit Deep Striking they can only do it in the reserve stage. 

I would tend to agree with this. Since it was clarified that DWA is basically reserves then arriving from DWA is arriving from reserves.

Archived