Modelling question - damn plasma guns

Urauloth

Am I the only one having issues getting plasma guns onto CSM weapon arms? I seem to have to widen out the left hand to fit the big fat foregrip, and whatever I do I can never get the pistol grip to line up straight and flush with the gun. As a result, I just wound up with a plaguemarine in a decent pose, but with a dubiously angled grip on his weapon and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Any tips on lining these things up right? Flamers and meltas go on like clockwork but I'm clearly missing some trick with the plasmas and I'm going to need quite a few of them for my PM squads so this is kind of problematic.

I haven't really had any problems. Which PGs are you using? The CSM box ones? You could try instead of going with the "aiming" pose for your PMs go with the straight arm pistols and just cut off the pistol. Make it look more like a relaxed pose or running.

The thing with the plasma gun is that it's fairly chunky.

This means that not all the arm pairs can fit the weapon comfortably.

The best thing to do is to dry fit each set of arms with the plasma gun until it all fits nicely.

The other reason why it might not fit correctly is if you are mixing and matching arm sets.

Each set is designed to go together so the gun will sit right (hands the right distance apart and at the correct angle).

Check the model, if the arms have different vambraces (forearms) then they aren't a set and you won't get a good fit on the gun.

Example:

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/MatthewDaunt/CSMPlasmaGunArms_zpsacb111a5.jpg

Note how the middle set of arms doesn't fit properly but the others do.

This is if you are using the plastic CSM arms of course. If you are using failcast PMs this won't apply.

The final reason I can think of relates to using the forgeworld conversion kit - some of those torsos have bulbous abdominal areas which might interfere in the placing of the arms/weapons. It all depends on what you're using in the assembly of your models.

Archived