Sweet smell of rotting flesh....

ben rolls

Neat, a fairly orthodox DG bunch with a few unique touches.  That tank in particular is properly nasty.

I'd consider doing just a big of metallic chipping on the weapons though.  A 100% orange rust coat just makes it look funny, if you ask me.  I'd also consider making a few tiny bits really pop with a splash of bright paint on the occasional pustule.  Purple, orange, or a brighter yellow would do well, so long as it's consistent.  It's a common trick in DG armies, and it works rather well :) 

That Vindi looks seriously moldy, nice work :)

I agree with the previous two about adding some metal chipping to the rusted areas and perhaps some spot cours on the boils and pustules.

But overall I like this army :tu:

The few times I've painted rust I did it in the opposite direction- painting a layer of metallics and then stippling oranges over top.  I suppose you could do the same, just stippling metallic paints in patches along edges, especially those that would be seeing wear and tear, like the blades.  You might try the battle damage sponge technique with metallic paint too and see if that works.

Like I said, I haven't tried myself, so I'm just making an educated guess.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, yes VERY therapeutic. i would reccomend to all. the rust on the latest was done with weathering powder, very messy stuff. still finding an orange sheen on my forearms from my desk now.

Archived