Anyone ever use a maxed-out Death Co. Squad? Just for fun?

Brother Chryseth

20 + Lemartes, 2 IPs and 2 PFs + Dante is the most I have used in a 'friendly' game.

Let's just say that they kicked serious amounts of butt. This was 5th though so multi assaults, FC and FnP was better.

People have been throwing out a 30 man blob of DC baby sitting Azrael as a semi serious idea. Tempting but I think it would be better to just go with 2 librarians instead :P

I think this was somewhere in the range of 2500 but here is what I had: 10 DC all with jump packs and power weapons with seth, A DC dread with blood talons, and a reclusiarch with a jump pack (before the FAQ made him only re roll to hit) and I completely tabled an army of Tau before the rest of my army even made it. laugh.png It was pretty great, and only two DC died! I was making FnP rolls like I was getting paid to do it biggrin.png I'd say that's a pretty solid victory, tabled an entire army of Tau with only two casualties! happy.png The board was clearly set up in his favor (everything has to run the length of the board while he sits back and shoots me, but he didn't think that I'd deep strike anything in his face! I know that isn't full sized, but that is the most points I've ever put into the DC and those are the results thumbsup.gif

I think this was somewhere in the range of 2500 but here is what I had: 10 DC all with jump packs and power weapons with seth, A DC dread with blood talons, and a reclusiarch with a jump pack (before the FAQ made him only re roll to hit) and I completely tabled an army of Tau before the rest of my army even made it. laugh.png It was pretty great, and only two DC died! I was making FnP rolls like I was getting paid to do it biggrin.png I'd say that's a pretty solid victory, tabled an entire army of Tau with only two casualties! happy.png The board was clearly set up in his favor (everything has to run the length of the board while he sits back and thumbsup.gif

Why'd you put Seth in with jump marines, he doesn't have a pack and couldn't DS in? Unless I'm missing something here?

I think this was somewhere in the range of 2500 but here is what I had: 10 DC all with jump packs and power weapons with seth, A DC dread with blood talons, and a reclusiarch with a jump pack (before the FAQ made him only re roll to hit) and I completely tabled an army of Tau before the rest of my army even made it. laugh.png It was pretty great, and only two DC died! I was making FnP rolls like I was getting paid to do it biggrin.png I'd say that's a pretty solid victory, tabled an entire army of Tau with only two casualties! happy.png The board was clearly set up in his favor (everything has to run the length of the board while he sits back and thumbsup.gif

Why'd you put Seth in with jump marines, he doesn't have a pack and couldn't DS in? Unless I'm missing something here?

All of the Tau were fairly close together, so they didn't really even need the jump packs except for the hammer of wrath and deepstrike (if I could drop them from my raven as intended, they could have all just walked around with no problem and they wouldn't need the jump packs). The other guy was being a little girl though and he wouldn't play against me if I used my Stormraven because he "couldn't deal with fliers" which is his problem, not mine. Since we already deployed and I didn't want to pack up and walk home without playing a game since he was the only other 40K player there so we come to the agreement that seth would have a jump pack for the game along with the rest of the squad and I took a squad of Sanguinary Guard to make up the rest of the points (sort of :P ) Needless to say, I didn't need the Stormraven to wipe his army from the board laugh.png sorry, I kind of left that part out

Ahh explains a lot there lol

That kind of works against him, Seth looks like a beast in cc from his stat line, I've never used him though.

I hate the not being able to cope with fliers argument, its redundant!! he's got a new dex with loads of anti air in it!!

Poor old nids however :-(

Good to see tau brought to heel though, in any shape or form!!

Ahh explains a lot there lol

That kind of works against him, Seth looks like a beast in cc from his stat line, I've never used him though.

I hate the not being able to cope with fliers argument, its redundant!! he's got a new dex with loads of anti air in it!!

Poor old nids however :-(

Good to see tau brought to heel though, in any shape or form!!

This was before the new Tau codex, also he didn't care what I had. I'm pretty sure I had more points than him, but he was so overly cocky. Also, I strongly agree with your last statement!!! :D

I took 8-9 dreads to a local for fun tournament a few years back. 2-3 dc dreads. It wasn't very resilient. :(

Rifleman dreads were cheap but inadequate. Any ranged hit in 5 ed meant no shooting. AV 12 was underwhelming as well.

Archived