Dawnbringers successor chapter

PhillyT

Hello all,

I have been playing warhammer since 1998 and this is my just for fun Space Marine army.  I think everyone should have a space marine army if they play 40k and after finishing 3 other 40k armies and having owned but sold a Black Templar army (still regret this) I decided to take advantage of the cheap Dark Angel models from DV and combine it with some purchased ones to get a SM army on the cheap.  I have 6000 points worth and here is where I am at currently:

Exactly 1500 points:

IMG_1616.JPG

Predator Annihilator:

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

Deathwing Knights:

IMG_1611.JPG

Belial:

IMG_2805.JPG
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_2841.JPG

Marine squad 1 (DV models):

IMG_2807.JPG
Marine Squad 2 (black reach and kit built models):

IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2827.JPG
IMG_2829.JPG

Terminators:

I haven't finished the feathers yet.

IMG_2816.JPG
IMG_2817.JPG
IMG_2818.JPG
IMG_2819.JPG
IMG_2840.JPG

Knights:

IMG_2821.JPG
IMG_2825.JPG

Dreadnoghts:

I still need to write on the scroll and ribbons for the normal dread.

IMG_2830.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2832.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG

Predator:

You can see the white isn't quite as good. The large flat areas make the white a tough color.  I did two to three slightly watered layers (to reduce brush strokes being visible).  I need to apply one more coat to the areas that are cloudy.  I also haven't done the highlights on the angel on the back.

IMG_2836.JPG
IMG_2837.JPG
IMG_2838.JPG
IMG_2839.JPG

Thank you gentlemen.

It has done alright.  I haven't used it very much, and I am not planning on worrying too much about competitiveness.  I have 4000 points in Necrons, 8000 points in Orks, 3500 points in Guard.  These Marines are more of a labor of love.  It was the first time I used white primer and did such a bright color palette. I am VERY pleased with the look.

Since these images were done I have painted 10 more terminators, a librarian, 10 man tactical squad, and another predator annihilator. I have a devastator squad on my table now.

Archived