Blood Angels at Adepticon 2013 (Shame to the Chapter?)

CitadelArmyGuy

What librarian powers did you decide to take?  I think I can safely assume shield and another Codex power or prescience.  I bet a 50 man guard blob with rerolls to hit is pretty awesome.

EDIT:  Also, I think priests only confer FNP and furious charge to Blood Angel units, so unfortunately they would be wasted on the blobs.

Priests are just in the list as a source of ATSKNF at the cheap price of 50 points - if it were like space wolves and I could take 2 libbies in an allied detachment I would, but alas! Also, if they conferred FNP to allies, I think everyone would be running Ig + BA.

Libby powers...I dont remember if I even specificed (bad me!) because I always swap for divination. Basically all of divination is good, except scriers gaze (already have a comms relay), and precognition which is just okay.

I always try to get prescience (rerolls to hit + FRFSRF = tons of wounds) and then the other power is gravy. 4+ Invul is pretty epic, ignores cover is epic in certain matches (jetseer, harliestars), full bs overwatch + counterattack makes the blob almost unchargeable, misfortune is always solid as well.

Hey Andrew this is Philip. (The guy who drove down with Brad) How would you run your dreads? Just slog them across the board? I feel like with the lack of other vehicles they will eat most of the AT fire from the enemy. That scouring mission with hammer and anvil was pretty silly with not being forced to move any of the objectives from your table edge. Making each person deploy at least one in no mans land would have balanced it a bit. (Though I shouldn't really complain since not having to do that won me my game.)

Oh yeah, me and Brad will be having some giordanos pizza tomorrow night that we had shipped here. Feel free to come to mn for a slice! msn-wink.gif

Hey Phil! Awesome to meet you at adepticon, you've got to come along with Brad to more events, like NOVA in a couple months! Giordanos...want so bad...

If I ran the dreads (I did in some practice games) they'd just slog along on foot inside of the blobs, which would pull back the screen and let them out for the charge I want. Downside is as you said, they're my only mech other than vendettas, so they get more attention then one usually wants.

Hey Andrew this is Philip. (The guy who drove down with Brad) How would you run your dreads? Just slog them across the board? I feel like with the lack of other vehicles they will eat most of the AT fire from the enemy. That scouring mission with hammer and anvil was pretty silly with not being forced to move any of the objectives from your table edge. Making each person deploy at least one in no mans land would have balanced it a bit. (Though I shouldn't really complain since not having to do that won me my game.)

Oh yeah, me and Brad will be having some giordanos pizza tomorrow night that we had shipped here. Feel free to come to mn for a slice! msn-wink.gif

Hey Phil! Awesome to meet you at adepticon, you've got to come along with Brad to more events, like NOVA in a couple months! Giordanos...want so bad...

If I ran the dreads (I did in some practice games) they'd just slog along on foot inside of the blobs, which would pull back the screen and let them out for the charge I want. Downside is as you said, they're my only mech other than vendettas, so they get more attention then one usually wants.

I wish I could do NOVA but thats just not in the cards this year. Are you going to come to MN for the renegade open in late November?

I am definitely going to go back to trying out my Blood Angels. I definitely lean too heavily on the GK/Coteaz crutch! I am determined to find a way to make Sternguard in a pod with Corbulo work even though it is a point sink.

Giordanos...want so bad...

Mnnn...Giordanos...  everytime Im at adepticon I make sure I go there!!

I went there last year, and Morticon, why did you not introduce me to that place the year before?

Targetawg, welcome to the B+C and thanks for your insight.  Hope to get to see your BA in action next years Adepticon.

-Have a game plan, develop it while your opponent deploys/is moving/etc. so you don't waste time during turns

-When moving the blobs, measure the outsides, move the models, then just move the insides keeping the same approximate coherency, 99% of players will thank you for this

-I have batches of dice (different colors of small ones) in 20's, and use them to speed up my shooting. FRFSRF can mean rolling 120 ish dice, it's much easier to say "alright, all my dice" or "alright, I need 3 colors, plus 12 others" rather than counting out 70-120 dice every time you fire.

Other than that it's just practice, I've played for 14-15 years, and have been playing IG blobs since 6th came out (and Ig for ~5 years), so I've got practice with them. I also play in so many GTs that I rarely get flustered, which does save time when developing plans/making decisions on the fly.

Game Plan, yessir absolutely. Also, I completely understand the Practice Factor. Practice is everything, no matter what you are talking about (40k, Sports, Military Operations.... basically Life haha). I can completely see how the more GTs you have under your belt, the better you get at Ranking in them. I am a bit sad I've never had the free-time to ever travel out to GTs, coupled with the fact that I'm entering a more semi-comp phase of my fandom with 40k anyway (as evidenced by my sig, Flyer rules are a bitter pill to swallow).

As for the movement for blobs, I knew that trick for sure. But the pre-numbered color-batches of dice? Consider that adopted!! Such a great idea, can't believe I've never seen anyone do that before... really stoked about that trick! Thanks so much man.

It's already been said here and there, but I agree that the only thing BA would currently need to bring them up to par is a slight improvement of their troop choices. Surely, there are many units that could use a boost (SG, VVs, most special characters), but we still have many good options in every slot except troops.

Archived