Helios anti air guns

Theredknight

I must say, I played a 3k battle v crons the other day and these turned the tide for me..

I took 4 and upgraded one to command, so I was busting 3 tl, sky fire, interceptor, heat seeker (don't know why they bothered with this as its tl anyway) barrages per turn.

This blew up one flyer on intercept, t2, the second on t3, and after destroying one turret I finally got round to finishing off his death day one on t4..

They caused 2 glances on a barge, letting my sterns melta and crack grenade it to death.

They shot a big gribbly(didn't wound though)

So for 150 pts, They made their points back double or triple.. i shall be fielding these in most 1800+ formations, maybe even cheaper games v pesky guard. You can even cast prescience on them if your rolls are that bad.

Gentlemen, surely these are worthy of praise??

I don't personally, there's no point, it was more in jest, if you can't hit after 2 rolls, I don't think a third will help much!

Most game days and tounrnamenrs at Warhammer world accept fw now.

Do that many people here play tournaments? I don't, get some right 'characters' there lol

How about corbs ability, does that fall into the bracket do you think? Not going to waste It on a tl :cuss..but an interesting question?

Blanket rule, no exceptions. You can't reroll a dice more than once under any circumstances.

Do that many people here play tournaments?

It is not so much a question of whether people play tournaments or not. It is a question of "if I ever did play a Tournament, I don't want models I paid FW-amount of money that I can't even use"

No point in spending mucho dollars on something you can only use for friendly games. Not to mention Flyer-spam is rarely encountered in Friendly games unless someone has a twisted view of 'friendly'

Haha well, each to their own in that case, iv played a couple of tournaments, and I think it can get waaay to competitive, I like to have some good battles and have a core group of about 6ppl, stretching about all armies.

If orks, I encounter 2 flyers, crons 2/3 depending, guard easily 2/4 depending on list, nids 1/2, d elder 1, I think that's about it.

I myself have a bit Of an Air Force, but generally only would use one raven.

So for me, majority if games will encounter a flyer, and the weapons are still twin linked, and can be turned on other targets. As they aren't 'in your face' they seem to get overlooked from shooting wise.

The investment of 150pts in an 1850 game is viable to me. But perhaps not others :-)

The investment of 150pts in an 1850 game is viable to me. But perhaps not others :-)

Hah no no I agree with you that they are good. I don't think you'll find a single dissenting opinion on that. 150pts for what you get is certainly good, no question about viability.

The question is about Forgeworld, and the Pandora's box it represents. About 80% of FW units are overpriced, about 15% are correctly costed, 4% are probably a little too good.... and about 1% that break the game fairly severely.

Thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/268996-forgeworld-and-tournaments/

Archived