Deathwing and conversions to regular marines

XKhalilX

so im thinking of getting the deathwing knights set. love all the toys it comes with.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to take the robed torso fronts of the new deathwing knights and place them on regular armored marines?

and second, does anyone know if they fit well on the assault on black reach termie bodies?

The robed torsos are too long for normal marines. If you want robed marines, the DA veterans sprue is a fantastic source.

Because of how AoBR termies go together, it would take significant converting to put the torsos on them.

thanks Indigo Jack. Yeah i got plenty of DA vet bodies, but i wanted to spice thigns up different for regular armored astartes and my GS skills are not that grand LOL

I used the robed knight torsos on my old AoBR terminators.  It didn't actually take much work to do it.  I just used a razor saw to cut straight down into the ball joint in front of the backpiece of the torso and then sawed directly under the backplate to meet the downward cut I had already made.  You should then just have the backpiece and the legs with half a balljoint.  Use a bit of putty to rebuild the ball, and carve out a bowl in the backpiece for the full balljoint to fit into.  Sounds like a lot more work than it actually is, took me about a half hour to do my whole AoBR squad.  If you have a dremel it's a real breeze.

Archived