question about rhinos

Sandviper

Can troops get out and assault after moving 12 or is that only allowed after moving 6?

You cannot disembark from a Rhino and Assault in the same turn at all. Ever. Even if the Rhino remained stationary.

You can disembark from a Rhino provided it moves 6" or less though.

Im assuming once units get out the rhino cant move after that?

As far as I know, as long as the Rhino was stationary when they disembarked, it can then move off separately to the unit. If you move 6" and disembark however, I'm pretty sure that's it for the Rhino. Do you not have the rulebook my friend?

Not at this house or I would normally. Thanks for the answers!

Not a problem.

I'm near 100% certain that my answers are accurate but of course you should check them whenever you get chance next.

Happy gaming mate!

The maximum you can move a Rhino if you want to get out is 6" in the Movement phase, then you can move your unit that disembarked 6" from the access points, and then in the shooting phase, you can flat-out move your Rhino another 6", in front of the squad you moved if you so wish, and then run the squad to hug the Rhino closely (if you feel like it).

I have done this a few times actually depending on how much barrage weapons I had to face. I has allowed me to do some turn 2 assaults with my Possessed at least, though normal marines could do it too if they have the Mark of Khorne and a Khornate Icon. Trying to assault someone 10" away with no reroll on the assault range is a bit optimistic, but rolling a 9" or 10" on 2D6 when you get to reroll any dice is much easier.

Archived