new to..

hey guy's,

i'm rather new to SM and still have a bit of doubt for either go :

A blood angels

B grey knights

but i love the BA so that's probebly not the issue here :p i love the furioso libby dread but, can he be a HQ choice?

normal libby's can be taken as HQ and a libby dread is an ancient form of libby in a dread body so...

it would be nice :)

i like the idea of a full droppod assault/heavy army so maybe you guy's can give some c&c on do's and don'ts ??

Firstly you will want to acquire (pay/beg/borrow) a copy of the BA Codex (and the GK Codex for that matter) and give them a good read. I currently own both and they offer two very different style of army to play.

Sadly the Furioso Librarian Dreadnought can not be a HQ choice, but don't fret as this means you can get more psyker on the battlefield than most other forces!

If you scroll down the forum a little bit there is thread asking about a Drop Pod BA force and if you check the BA army list forum, there are two ever evolving lists regarding Drop Pod assault (with Dreadnoughts too).

Firstly you will want to acquire (pay/beg/borrow) a copy of the BA Codex (and the GK Codex for that matter) and give them a good read. I currently own both and they offer two very different style of army to play.

Sadly the Furioso Librarian Dreadnought can not be a HQ choice, but don't fret as this means you can get more psyker on the battlefield than most other forces!

If you scroll down the forum a little bit there is thread asking about a Drop Pod BA force and if you check the BA army list forum, there are two ever evolving lists regarding Drop Pod assault (with Dreadnoughts too).

ok thx :) and wat would you prefer? BA or GK ? GK have psykers a mass on the table if i read the dex correct..

Welcome, Brother. :)

Asking here, the reply probably will be BA:) Try asking the same question in the GK forum for their opinion.

As for psykers, we can field 6/2000 pts. 2 HQ, 3 Elite (Furioso) and something allied. GK can have more, I think.

If you want to make the best choice then you have to try each army several times. Often its possible to borrow an army as a new player. When you know how the different armies strengths and weaknesses fit with your preferred play style you'll have your answer.

Happy hunting. :)

Hi mate, 

It is up to you to make the call. Maybe if you say what you want out of the army, we'd be better able to give you an informed choice. If you want to win tournaments, well GK have a better recent record. If you love a quick army for their playstyle, blood angels are more likely to be satisfactory. 

Or.. do both. You can go BA and ally with GK or visa versa. Unless of course you're actually trying to focus on 1 army, then ALWAYS choose Sanguinius. tongue.png

Full drop pod assault/heavy army? Well, Blood Angels definitely can do the drop pod assault quite effectively. Assault Marines, Death Company, Sternies, Dreads... you name it, we drop it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "heavy" (drop pods or dreads tend to weigh a lot). Do you mean resilient, close combat strength, shooting strength, or terminator armor?

Read up heavily on the fluff of both armies first. If you have a local game store, see if they have a copy of both BA and GK 'dexes and read the absolute crap out of them. Fluff is the best determining factor for an army, imo.

Nothing like picking a first army...why, i remember 20 years ago when i saw the blood angels dreadnought and mephiston models......ahem....nevermind that now....

Blood angels were my first and last army. Ive played each one except orks at this point but when it came right down to it, the fluff and the colours black, red and gold really stuck out for me. The play style suited me as well. I loved close combat, and still do, and i love the "hit first and hit hard" mentality. Which the blood angels excel at. I'm a very competitive player, as is everyone in my group, and even though the campaign I'm currently in consists of necrons and grey knights vs me as BAs, i still find ways to win on a consistent level.

But you'll hear some people complain about us being overcosted and underpowered, which we certainly are right now but blood angels were always a top tier army. Everyone is always scared just a bit when they know they have to deal with us. I say, get stuck in and learn our strategies. Like our blingy marines, we are a finesse army and you need to use your brain to win. Which gives you a huge amount of satisfaction when u rub it in your friends faces :p

Or.. do both. You can go BA and ally with GK or visa versa. Unless of course you're actually trying to focus on 1 army, then ALWAYS choose Sanguinius. tongue.png

Full drop pod assault/heavy army? Well, Blood Angels definitely can do the drop pod assault quite effectively. Assault Marines, Death Company, Sternies, Dreads... you name it, we drop it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "heavy" (drop pods or dreads tend to weigh a lot). Do you mean resilient, close combat strength, shooting strength, or terminator armor?

Read up heavily on the fluff of both armies first. If you have a local game store, see if they have a copy of both BA and GK 'dexes and read the absolute crap out of them. Fluff is the best determining factor for an army, imo.

by heavy i mean the heavy slot's for dreads, LR redeemer etc ;)

ok, thx for the help guy's, the army is for LGC and LGS purpose at first, maybe  tournaments on a later basis..

i love the grey knightys armor (paladin and termi)

BUT.... i love BA (it's like my orky style of play: run, shoot and stomp 'em up :), i love the furioso and fragioso, assaultmarines etc

(exept the termi's looks) compared to GK termi's there not so beefy looking... but the red thirst.. MAN i love the novels :D ( have been reading them twice )

so i am guessing ill go for a BA with a few GK termi as ally .. i think

It's all in the style you want to play. BA's flourish with their quick mobility lists, which is my favorite way of playing 40k. However, the BA codex is currently just okay, so if you don't enjoy their fluff/ chapter history, i'd go with GK's. That said, I think BA's are very unique and fun to play! 

by heavy i mean the heavy slot's for dreads, LR redeemer etc ;)

If you have trouble finding your landraiders in the heavy section of the parking lot its because its wedged in between a drop pod and a rhino in the transport area. :) Dedicated transports.....

Archived