Oblit unit question

I only have 3 oblits w/ MoN in my army as my only Heavy slot choices, is it better to run them all individual or 2+1 or 3 together? all individual gives more flexibility and can then add 3 scoring units (if i get the right mission), the 2+1 is kinda a mix and the one large unit is much more survivable. I guess i could change it up based on my opponents. but anyway the question stands whats usually the best way to run these guys?

Thanks

Really depends on how many slots you have. Three works well, as does 2+1, as you have slightly more versatility. I wouldn't want them taking up too many slots though generally - there are other good options in that slot that should really be looked at.

I would keep them in squads of 3 to ensure that whatever target you had dies after the deepstrike (This would be for high av tanks for example). Playing a lone obliterator may work, but it doesn´t insure that you kill your target and it also gives away a very easy kill point. I usually try to get 2*3 Oblis in a 1500+ list. As my fast attack is usually filled with drakes and I really need the melters on the oblis.

Archived