Most rewarding chapter to paint

Coconuts

It depends entirely on how much detail you want to put into them.

BA are probably the easiest to get to a standard level, due to presence of transfers, etc. Lamenters the hardest because you need to be willing to put the time and practice into freehanding a checkerboard.

My BA feature a lot of freehand, so take a long time to paint to completion, but it's quick to get them to tabletop standard.

Like Xenith, I like to freehand things onto my marines.  My Night Angel's scheme is ridiculously easy, but the devil is in the details.   I paint skulls on the pauldrons of my Death Co or my more "death-worshiping" dudes and freehand wings onto my more "angely" dudes.  Some marines I paint gold etchings of nobility onto various parts of their armor and my Sanguinary Guard are fully etched.

Any scheme can be rewarding to paint depending on how much you put into it.  But if I were to choose, I like the Angels Sanguine color scheme.

i dont know about rewarding, but my vote also goes to the Lamenters. First of all yellow is hard to paint but looks beatifull, just in itself. If you can manage to paint those checkers onto every marine though? You got yourself one gorgious army!

Archived