Long In The Tooth, A Space Wolves Blog

So after much debate and half-finished models I've finally found an army that I can paint without growing bored or seeing something better. I've chosen to do Dornian Heresy Space Wolves for a number of reasons: the scheme is pretty easy, the scavenged armor bits let me chose colours almost at random if I get stuck, economically Space Wolves already have most of there army in plastic to boot. But enough about me......

Edit: nevermind I have pictures but when I try to post it just says "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." Anyone know how to fix this??

• 3 months later...

So I couldn't get pictures on here but I can on the gallery.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/8728-dh-space-wolves/

I took a box of Bezerkers and Wolves and kitbashed them, next purchase will be another Wolves box and a box of the new Raptors. Also some friends and I are starting a campaign and one of the rules is we each need to write up a unique HQ choice. The rules for my custom lord can be found

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278391-my-space-wolves/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update. Since Ive started college this year I haven`t had much hobby time. However I`ve had ample time to write out some of my army`s background and such.
I`ll post the models first since I know that's what everyone wants to see msn-wink.gif

Odin Starbearer

2013-11-06 17.50.59.jpg

2013-11-06 17.51.17.jpg

2013 11 06 17.51.59

2013 11 06 17.51.38

Jarel Thunderchild

2013 11 06 18.07.22

2013 11 06 18.08.05

Test Terminator

2013 11 06 18.13.53

2013 11 06 18.14.53

I know the Wolves can`t take Apothecarys but I`ve always wanted one

2013 11 06 18.16.51

2013 11 06 18.17.10

Two Bonus Models I recently did

2013 11 06 18.15.43

2013 11 06 18.15.56

2013 11 06 18.09.27

2013 11 06 18.08.52

2013 11 06 18.09.12

Dorian Heresy Space Wolves Legion 21st Company
(Note that number may change as I just remember the Wolves were considered one of the smaller legions)
The Brotherhood of the Bear

``This galaxy is rich and there is room for all, be they man or xeno, but greed has poisoned mens souls, has barricaded themselves in with hatred. We wish not to live in hate but only in peace with one another. I can offer you that peace, or we can be enemies, I leave that decision to you`` Attributed to Erik Bloodfist former Wolf Lord of the VIth Legion

The Wolf and the Bear: An army led by Leman Russ invades the last enemy held strong hold on Fenris. The nothern tundra is ruled by Artur Stallord, a man both hated and respected for his tolerant views. When Russ and Stallords troops meet the battle initially goes in Artur`s favor. His tribes shamans, Ones-Touched-By-The-Wyrd, are able to destroy swathes of the young primarchs troops. Their power allowed them to walk amongst the troops and swat them aside as if they were mere flies. Seeing the corruption and furious at the loss of his troops, Russ began to hunt down the black armored warriors. Formidable as they were, 11 times did Russ`s blade rise and 11 times did it fall taking with it another head. As Russ began to stalk towards the last, a young warrior named Odin Starbearer, Artur Stallord answered the Wolf King`s challenge. Transferring the last of his power, Starbearer watched his lord and the primarch do battle. Despite his best efforts, Russ cut down Stallord and began to advance on Odin. Only did approaching ships of gold stayed the primarch`s hand.

Rise of the Bloody Fist: Erik Stallord, Son of Artur Stallord, is accpeted into the Space Wolves 21st Company. On his first combat engagement againest the Orks, Stallord had lost his weapons in battle with the Warlord`s Nob Bodyguard but still claims victory when he tears his throat open with just his hands. After the battle current Wolf Lord, Swen Ironjaw singles out young Erik, dubbing him Erik Bloodfist in recognition of his deeds.

The Scouring of Prospero: Erik Bloodfist, now Wolf Lord of the 21st, leads the attack on the southern front. His task is to capture the Great Library and dispose of its contents. After capturing the library, Odin Starbearer, his powers long since repressed and another legionnaire, Jarel Thunderchild, collapse in pain. Deep withing the burning building one book stood undamaged. As Bloodfist red aloud from the book, a daemonic presence enters his body. It saves his two brothers, but makes demands which are only known to Erik.

The Bear Stands Alone: Seeing what has become of the VIth Legion, Erik Blood fist orders his company to retreat and forces a break out into orbit. While severing all ties to Leman Russ and his warriors the Primach contacts Erik on a personal command line in his vox. It wasn`t ever spoken of again what was said, but Erik Bloodfist order all his forces to make all speed to the far reaches of the galaxy.

Desperate Days, Little Hope: While traveling to the east, the Brotherhood of the Bear or simply the Brotherhood as they were now calling themselves were ambushed by forces of the Death Guard Legion. The Brotherhood`s only Iron Priest, Braak Silvermane falls but not before overloading his ship, the Bear`s Anger`s, warp engine. The resulting explosion allows the majority of the company to escape but are now force to raid and scanning for supplies. The armor pieces from particularly worthy foes are not re-painted as a show of respect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived