6th Edition Blood Angels

Boomkapow

Hello all,

I am in the process of making an army list, but it seems most of my lists are more "5th edition based". So I was wondering, "What is it that makes a successful 6th edition blood angels list?"

I'll start off by saying that it seems MM attack bikes are a key part.

The major thing that has really changed with 6th, is how fliers are now a large consideration of army design.  

One raven and an aegis line will help, or 2 ravens.  

Beyond that, how we can no longer charge out of stationary rhinos is a huge consideration.  

Coupled with the hit to Furious Charge, and the advent of overwatch, there's a swing towards shootier lists. 

Yet, there are still some 5th ed style lists that work very well.

This is the list I won the SA Nationals with last year:

Mephiston

Furioso - Talons

4x 5man ASM - flmr

4x Razorbacks - (2xAC,2xLas/plas)

2x Baals 0 hbss

2x Ravens (one with EA, one with HBSS) 

Could handle everything I needed it to, yet was a classic " 5th ed style"  list.

Noob questions wave #2:

Hmm I am still wondering: GK or BA. I love both army, if some can concince me: Not only the GKs can win tournaments i would instantly grow a pair of wings ;)

Are the BAs still strong enough to handle the other dexes? For example the necron flyer spamm? :/ 

If i want to build a hard hittin CC dedicated army, with tons of marines w JPs where should i start? I want to start with a single, 1000 points armylist. Which boxes should 1 get? 

Our flyers can handle 2 aerial targets a turn.  We put the hurt on cron air- the biggest problem is taking all its fire power for a turn.

But it does depend on what else is in your army and what points level you're playing.  

Drop pods will help get in the face of the enemy, Corbs in the front soaks up SO much, a frag dread in front too helps thin squads of wraiths, and then mephy coming in from the back line - scary for them.

Then with a squad at the back with an icarus or quad to get some  the doom scythe, while they get protection from massed fire. 

Not an easy battle by any means thanks to the points cost of those silly things.

It's the most heavily armoured flyer in the game at the moment, and has the most firepower. It can carry troops, and also target two different units per turn, it's also pretty much our only defence versus other flyers, so they have become a massive advantage to have one in 6th.

I dont get it. the SR is really this good? Or am i misunderstanding something? 

Depends on your load out. 

I used to rock TLLC and TLMM. 

I now opt for TLAC and TLMM - and when i have points, the HBSS - which is amazing. 

The fact that only BA have AP1 blood strike missiles means that we have some of the best anti-tank (and also anti-air) in the game.  We can boost up to MM distance, nuke one vehicle with the MM, and then nuke another with 2 BS missiles and a TLAC.  Its pretty good. Its not "auto-win" tm.  But its good.

Ohh I see now. Shall i carry troops within it? -As i said earlyer i am tottaly new to BA biggrin.png - Isnt it a bit risky?

Depends, if you want it to be a anti-tank/flyer gunboat, then putting models in it is a waste in my opinion. Drop Pods are a much more effective method of getting troops onto the ground compared to keeping them in a flyer, heck, BA have the DOA special rule, which also makes them a much more powerful Deep Striking army then most.

Archived