Deathwing Vehicle Upgrade - What effects do you re-roll?

IndigoJack

I've played foot-slogging Deathwing for about 2 years now, and I've recently made the decision to add some vehicles to my list. So my question is, after buying the DWV upgrade, what effects do you re-roll? For LR/C/R, I'd re-roll explosion (obviously) and immobilization in the first couple turns. The land raider isn't really doing a lot of good sitting in my deployment zone, For the venerable dreadnought, I'd re-roll explosion (again, obviously) and maybe weapon destroyed. I'm unsure about that one though, since it's just another chance to blow it up, where-as with the LR, it's almost as useless to me immobilized as it is exploded.

So I ask, after buying the DWV upgrade, what effects do you re-roll?

Depends what I've been shot with. AP1 gives you a 50% chance of exploding so I tend not to reroll anything other than explosion under those circumstances. Otherwise, as you said...

Depends what I've been shot with. AP1 gives you a 50% chance of exploding so I tend not to reroll anything other than explosion under those circumstances. Otherwise, as you said...

This. Against AP1 I tend to take my immobilized result, so I can have a firebase for a turn or so. Otherwise you give them another 50% chance to blow up your Land Raider.

And then versus normal penetrations, yeah, reroll explosions and immobilizations. IMO The Land Raider's first priority is an assault transport. You need to get its payload into assault ASAP. But once its dropped off its models it becomes a gunship in my eyes. So if its transporting, reroll explosions/immobilizations. If its not transporting, reroll explosions/weapon destroyed. But of course this isn't set in stone tongue.pngsmile.png

Archived