When the Gods of War conspire against you!

facmanpob

So I played a game last night, and despite being up against foul sorcery I was on course for a solid win.......until......

how many times have you uttered these words in the defense of the Emperor and the Unforgiven?

Last night I played a 1500 point game (Big Guns Never Tire) against the foul traitors, T5 Nurgle marines and foul sorcery abounded. Despite this, my 3rd Company valiantly held the objectives and pushed the enemy off theirs. As Turn 5, which proved to be the last turn, drew to a close my Guardians of the Covenant were leading 7-4......all was going well, and the only thing that I had left to do before the end of the game was roll to see if the bomb sitting at the mysterious objective held by my Devastators exploded........

....now I have an uncanny ability to roll for the bomb on mysterious objectives....I have had at least 1 bomb in my last 4 games......and until now the only thing they have ever done is kill a couple of cultists.....and all game the bomb in question had resolutely failed to go off....until....

.....that's right, you guessed it, the final turn.......BOOM!!!!!

No matter, I think, they are only S4 AP- hits........I roll 4 To Wound dice.......2 wounds.....OK that's reasonable.......now to take 2 3+ armour saves......I'm not worried, I need to fail both to take a morale check......I roll.... 1 and 2......cr@p! 2 dead marines........morale check required.......it's a 10.....buggeration!......Not to worry, I'm in range of the Standard of Devastation, I get a reroll.........I roll another 10!!!!!! How is this happening to me? Am I cursed by Tzeentch? furious.gif

To cut a long story short, my Devastators fall back and I lose control of the objective.....the game ends as a draw 4-4......

Damn!censored.gif

Has this sort of thing happened to you?

Four? I remember an old WFB game when a friend of mine had to roll forty (40) 2+ saves. She passed three (3)... Yes, thirty seven (37) ones on forty dice - pure awesomeness from the gods of dice.

Perversely, I always seem to be better at making invulnerable saves (or jink saves, for that matter) than armour saves. Lasguns are more deadly than lascannons...

And Grot sluggas...

Mine recently has been the plasma talons...  "2"  Okay, didnt blow up, I get  a re roll...   "2"      Really wasnt meant to make that shot I guess...

Perversely, I always seem to be better at making invulnerable saves (or jink saves, for that matter) than armour saves. Lasguns are more deadly than lascannons...

I'm the same. My GEQ save like MEQ, but my MEQ save like GEQ and neither of them bother to pass leadership tests when I want them to.

I'm the same. My GEQ save like MEQ, but my MEQ save like GEQ and neither of them bother to pass leadership tests when I want them to.

The last one can be good sometimes with dark angels. As watchcaptainAzrael might confess to you ;)

So I played a game last night, and despite being up against foul sorcery I was on course for a solid win.......until......

how many times have you uttered these words in the defense of the Emperor and the Unforgiven?

Last night I played a 1500 point game (Big Guns Never Tire) against the foul traitors, T5 Nurgle marines and foul sorcery abounded. Despite this, my 3rd Company valiantly held the objectives and pushed the enemy off theirs. As Turn 5, which proved to be the last turn, drew to a close my Guardians of the Covenant were leading 7-4......all was going well, and the only thing that I had left to do before the end of the game was roll to see if the bomb sitting at the mysterious objective held by my Devastators exploded........

....now I have an uncanny ability to roll for the bomb on mysterious objectives....I have had at least 1 bomb in my last 4 games......and until now the only thing they have ever done is kill a couple of cultists.....and all game the bomb in question had resolutely failed to go off....until....

.....that's right, you guessed it, the final turn.......BOOM!!!!!

No matter, I think, they are only S4 AP- hits........I roll 4 To Wound dice.......2 wounds.....OK that's reasonable.......now to take 2 3+ armour saves......I'm not worried, I need to fail both to take a morale check......I roll.... 1 and 2......cr@p! 2 dead marines........morale check required.......it's a 10.....buggeration!......Not to worry, I'm in range of the Standard of Devastation, I get a reroll.........I roll another 10!!!!!! How is this happening to me? Am I cursed by Tzeentch? furious.gif

To cut a long story short, my Devastators fall back and I lose control of the objective.....the game ends as a draw 4-4......

Damn!censored.gif

Has this sort of thing happened to you?

If you didn't play turn 6 the devastators can't have regrouped. In Big Guns Never Tire that gives your opponent another VP.

Just re-looking at the write up I realised that i should have counted linebreaker and didn't .... So it was still a draw even with the devs falling back! (That's what happens when it's gone midnight on a work night and you're rushing to count VPs! ;) )

Archived