Signums and snapshots

[TA]Typher

Hi guys,

I don't have any of my books right now, just using battlescribe to make an army. Anyway I was thinking.. the signums rule states that the person with the Signum Foregos shooting to grant one other model in his unit BS 5, declare before any rolls are made.

This is the description in battlescribe... So hopefully it's correct. anyway, can you use that while snapshotting? I was just thinking this would be nice to use against fliers.

Of course it's battlescribe so it could be wrong.

FAQ:

Q: Can the BS1 of a Snap Shot ever be modified by special rules that modify the BS of a model’s Shooting attack (such as Space Marine Signums or Sergeant Telion’s Voice of Experience)? (p13) 

A: No.

Obviously, Tau markerlights are exception...

No, that's a pretty accurate description. It should also work exactly as you describe(BRB, pg.7). But, it doesn't(BRB FAQ). GW says only Tau Markerlights can threaten their precious Flyer model sales. :)

FAQ:

Q: Can the BS1 of a Snap Shot ever be modified by special rules that modify the BS of a model’s Shooting attack (such as Space Marine Signums or Sergeant Telion’s Voice of Experience)? (p13)

A: No.

Obviously, Tau markerlights are exception...

Thx! That saves me the headache of waiting to get home to check.

Figures that the cheesy blue fish people would get a pass.

I don't know why they made that ruling. Prior to that, you simply rolled off to see which takes precedence, since both are set value modifiers (as per BRB). Sometimes game designers get a case of the dumb.

yes but the cheesy blue fish people markerlights only bump 1BS per markerlight, and markerlights have to be fired at BS1 (snapshot) to hit fliers in the first place.

Big difference in 1 markerlight = BS2 vs a signum at BS5

yes but the cheesy blue fish people markerlights only bump 1BS per markerlight, and markerlights have to be fired at BS1 (snapshot) to hit fliers in the first place.

Must confess I hadn't really registered that the Signum was specifically BS5, rather than +1BS. Had always assumed it didn't affect snapshots, though, so no harm done...

True, but ony ONE marine gets that BS, where the EVERYONE in unit of Tau get the increase. 15 fire warriors (or broadsides..etc etc ) shooting at BS 2 vs 1 shot from a marine. OR a unit of marker lights shoots next at BS 2.. what are the chances of boosting the BS even higher?

I played a game the other day where they had so many marker lights that they used marker lights ON marker lights.

I pretty much NEVER got a cover save, and most of their shots were only missing on 1s.

Cheesiest game I've ever played.

It does. Written into the rules.

Markerlights are the Tau's schtick though, so it makes sense for them to get the pass.

I thought having better troop weapons was there schtick? And now supporting fire is there schtick? .....not alot of branches left on whatever tree they are getting all these schticks from.

It does. Written into the rules.

Markerlights are the Tau's schtick though, so it makes sense for them to get the pass.

I thought having better troop weapons was there schtick? And now supporting fire is there schtick? .....not alot of branches left on whatever tree they are getting all these schticks from.

Superior weapons have always been there schtick IMO, and markerlights fall under that same category.

Archived