New DA Enthusiast. C&C ?

Hello !

Getting tired of painting Iron and Black, so I'm gonna make some DA or Unforgiven. First as Ally (I know, it sucks to have DA allies but anyway..)

Some fluff :

A Cie of DA/U is mandated to investigate some rumours of Fallen activities at the other end of the Imperium.

(Near my DIY chapter's base)

When arrives, no trace from the Fallen, Cie awaiting orders that never come. Sudden devastating attack from the Eldars.

Forced to collaborate with the Iron Templars to get stuff repaired and ammo.

(Fortunately, the IT love old stuff)

Traits : Bitterness of the abandon from the chapter (but still loyalty to the Imperium).

Low on everthing, low ammunition etc..., barely no base of operation.

Conspiracy, conspiracy everywhere !

NO member of the Inner Circle

Possible Color Scheme :

spacemarine.jpg

I'm considering having members of the Ravenwing but with their bikes destroyed or not enough to have entire strike force. Ravenwing on foot if you will, that uses more stealth techniques than fast attack.

Edit : I haven't get the new Codex yet. (It is scheduled msn-wink.gif

Welcome to the Rock (even as an ally ;) ) - no ammo, no base, no bikes, no inner circle – I'm feeling sorry for your Chapter already !! Lend the man some kit someone !!

But are we really welcoming him to the rock or sending a couple squads out on a quest?... Bloodquest comes to mind... :p

THAT ! That is the point. My captain and his Cie is no longer welcome to the Rock. So no support from the DA. Don't know yet what my captain does for this but...we'll see.

Maybe the fluff will change some time later.

It seems odd that the unforgiven would so easily abandon one of their own....Perhaps your chapters loyalties were not so strong in the first place? Or perhaps your chapter feels a stronger sense of loyalty for the wider imperium than its own brothers?

Or perhaps their shame worked in such a way for them that they view the act itself as a sin and the DA as whole as a sinful conclave and made they split on purpose.

In any case your chapter would be seen no less that the DA view the fallen and acted on accordingly me thinks.

Some fluff suggestions.

EDIT:

He's a spy! Purge him!

Not so loud, we need to learn first, we will 'Interrogate' him later.

Well i'm still not sure about the fluff, the fact is I love termies and big plasma guns. So it would not fit with the 'Low on everything + cut from the rock' theme.

I think it will evolve in something like a cie on campain for a long time, far from the rock but not forgotten.

Then it will fit the 'I like termies' effect with the 'battle damaged' one.

One thing - all DA terminators are Deathwing and thus members of the Inner Circle. Unless you're thinking of doing a successor chapter which could be a bit different, although all official successors follow the DA structure.

Yeah, that's the point with my beginning fluff... it doesn't allows termies.

I'll manage to get things work when i get the new dex.

Maybe the color scheme will end for my veterans and the regular for marines.

I'm thinking V company.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooookay so, got the new codex. I'l definetly goin' to make successor chapter, 4th co.

I'm very inspired by the company master's artwork and i want mine to look quite that way, gives the same feeling.

I'll keep to the color scheme you saw for this chapter.

On the fluff point : A crusading chapter of DA successor, [name here] is dipatched through the galaxy. They kind of dislike the DA "still a legion" ways and see themselves loyal to the imperium of man first. So they wont abandon allies etc.

I like the idea of a master of co (from inner circle) having arguments with some others about how their ways aren't doing the unforgiven and imperium's good, and forced to stand alone. And thus to forge new alliances.

Now, i need a name for my chapter. Any suggestion ?

Nah yeah I know it's not green ink it's actually Dark Angel Green from ye ole paints range.

I painted the feet after the shin and I liked the effect with the bone color so didn't want to to it again but i'll manage to hide this when i'll weather the armor.

And note : these are salvaged minis recycled into new ones, for exemple this I replaced the helmet and left arm + pad from and old mini of mine from an abandoned project.

It's more a test mini than anything I know now that I need to apply green first as it is, well....unforgiving woot.gif

I agree, it is a nice looking colour scheme. Liking the use of older bits of armour too - if that is something you plan to continue with.

Cheers

I

Archived