Khorne Berzerker Squads

Is the Hatred really worth it? :)

Well, for me VOTLW is a difference between killing a whole squad of Deathwing terminators and getting my Berzerkers hammered to the ground. WS5 with re-rolls turn otherwise mediocre berzerkers into the best loyalists SM killers :-)

Is the Hatred really worth it? smile.png

Well, for me VOTLW is a difference between killing a whole squad of Deathwing terminators and getting my Berzerkers hammered to the ground. WS5 with re-rolls turn otherwise mediocre berzerkers into the best loyalists SM killers :-)

vs terminators O.o that's more about your opponent rolling 1s than it is about hitting.

Not really. 10 berzerkers have 36 regular attacks on 3+ with rerolls, it's about 32 hits, 3+ to wound gives about 20-25 wounds, which is enough for 3-4 unsaved wounds for terminators, and skull champ with claws causes 3-4 wounds in challenges, so wiping 5-man terminator squad is quite possible, and that's without shooting. Without VotLW berzerkers would cause much less wounds and take casualties.

Who uses the banner? Personally I can't bring myself to field zerkers without it. So useful, especially if the lead guy has been overwatched away giving you a longer charge.

Yes indeed, every time.  I especially like Icon of Wrath on Raptors-only Jump infantry that can move 12 inches and still re-roll their charge in the game :D

No hammer of wrath with it-but the raptors descending and ripping dudes up with flamers is usually enough to neuter a unit.

Archived