Blood Angel Allies

Don't forget, B&C has rules about talking about non-humans. (Necrons anti-tank is a flying croissant anyway).

So, I will talk about Imperial Guard instead. (I think B&C has some rules about exact point costs. But even then, wargear is on par with Blood Angels.)

1) Infantry platoon. For 750ish to 860 wingwangs you can get a buncha dudes with Autocannons and Lascannons. 6 lascannons and 4 autocannons and 4 plasmaguns is around 860 (if you give the company commander a chimera to hide in). It is also 41 dudes 36 of which score. 860 is the high end, of course. autocannons only make it cheaper.

2) Quick and easy plug-and-play guard. 200ish points for a primaris psyker in a veteran squad with 2 auto cannons and 4 plasma guns. grab an aegis defense line with quad gun, and 300and change. This lets you get your very cheap Vendetta and 1 manticore, for the low low price of around 550.

When I think about weaknesses the blood angels have, anti-tank to me is at the bottom of my list. Dropping combat squaded assault marines with meltas with descent of angels is pretty dealing, same with dreadnoughts with magna grapples and melta guns.

But if you need long range anti tank, definitely guard. get 3 vandettas and call it a day.

I agree.. If theres anything in here i dont have a problem with, its tanks.. When turn 2 arrives, most of them tanks are byebye if i wish to.. 1d6 scatter 5 assault marines, carrying 2 meltas, and 1-2 plasma pistols, always does the trick..! Last fight i had against some IG, 5 asm's killed 2 tanks, one veteran squad, and his HQ squad. Granted, he had some bad rolls when trying to kill them, but.. they wrecked him completly back in his deployment zone..!

But that wasnt your question! I too would have chosen IG for allies.. Mostly because i dont like necrons, and they dont fit any blood angels fluff of mine..! Both necrons and IG offer some good choices, when it comes to anti tank.. even having some troops that glances whatever armor they like on 6s is awesome..  Either way, its up to what you prefer for the most part, and what you are gonna use the allies for.. If you want a gunline back in your deployment, the obvious choice will be IG.

Archived