Astral Dragons-Full army WIP

Hey everyone, I'm starting up my marines I figure I post about them on here.

They are, the Astral Dragons, successors of the Salamanders. They believe that the Adeptus Astartes are an evolved form of of mankind, they commonly look down upon man and are reluctant to aid Imperial Guard unless deemed neccessary. The Astral Dragons are met with open displeasure by most other chapters because of their beliefs, the chapter almost came to blows with the Novamarines on the world of Thracian Prime, when Chapter Master Lord Hektaron bombed an entire Hive City full of sheltered civilians, just to eliminate a large portion of the invading WAAGH! Rok Chompa. On the other hand though, it's this same idea that has won the Astral Dragons many wars.

The chapter do not follow the doctrines of the Promethean Cult, like the Salamanders. Instead they strictly follow the Codex Astartes as close as possible. The Astral Dragons are notably one of the most loyal of the Emperors servants, carrying out orders in his name without hesitation, whatever the objective, the Astral Dragons do whatever they can to further Mankinds dominance over the galaxy.

The chapter colors embody the void of space and hierarchy of the Adeptus Astartes. Thier power armour is mainly a blackish purple, with pure black trim. Sargeants, captains, and any marine not among the common rabble commonly bear gold motifs to show their superiority over others. Many of the higher ranking members of the chapter bear power armour similar to that of the adeptus custodes. It is strongly believed that Lord Hektaron and his Honour Guard are originally from the Adeptus Custodes due to their above average height and armour appearance. Unlike the Salamanders, the Astral Dragons do not share the black skin and gleaming red eyes, instead their skin tends to be very fair.

This is Lord Hektaron, chapter master of the Astral Dragons.

http://i.imgur.com/y49kRFU.jpg

This is what I have done so far. I got 'most' of the purple down, most of the gold areas are based and ready for some NMM and I completely finished his face because I love doing faces tongue.png

http://i.imgur.com/NTR33Ns.jpg

Comments and Critisism is very much appreciated.

Archived