DC worth taking or not?

They still work quite well, I really enjoy them, they just aren't as point and click as they were in 5th. The loss of +1I from furious charge really hurt. They won't eat everything they hit if you want to take on another CC hammer you need to support them and you need the charge. Atleast in my experience. If they are charging a utility unit or shoot enjoy...

Nice, well definitely grab them. Look into using the DC models for DC as well (you can always use them as AM's or Veterans as mentioned above). DC are relatively cheap (20 pts a model) if you don't upgrade much. Just add like 1 P FIst for 10 guys) and they absolutely dominate on the charge. The only downside is finding a way to get them into combat (usually requires a LR or Raven).

Nice, well definitely grab them. Look into using the DC models for DC as well (you can always use them as AM's or Veterans as mentioned above). DC are relatively cheap (20 pts a model) if you don't upgrade much. Just add like 1 P FIst for 10 guys) and they absolutely dominate on the charge. The only downside is finding a way to get them into combat (usually requires a LR or Raven).

THE idea is for them to go in a pod of i field them, or play them DOA

Don't play them DoA. DoA armies usually end up exactly that: Dead on Arrival.

Assault troops are much better served by starting on the table.

The tactical advice is accepted brother. No DOA

The tactical advice is accepted brother. No DOA

The way I see it, DC is one of our best units. Its always good to use anything that guarantees lots of damage. And with FNP they will probably last till the end of the game. Ive honestly been considering using the JPs on them with 2 PSs and a fist. Yeah its expensive, but add the 2 RAS units with a priest and JP libbie, and you have a good core. Leave a cheap scout or tax squad to grab 2 objectives and fill the rest with Baal preds and vindicators or storm ravens...

Excellent unit, they just require protection from instagibs. Transports are a must, Stormraven are great for 5 jumpers and a Chaplain. Landraiders for infantry or Rhinos if you are limited in points. The main objective is to get them into close combat as quickly and safely as possible.

I second DOA being a bad idea for anything other than an Apocalypse battle where you can have your allies as a buffer while you DS behind enemy lines en-masse.

As for Death Company, I have found that they are still a strong CC unit, but even more than that, they inspire fear in many of your opponents.  I have seen entire armies shift their battle plans from the arrival of the Death Company.  If the game is big enough, I like to throw them into a Stormraven with a DC dread as support.  The Stormraven gives them some fire support while the DC dread handles the big guys and supports them in CC.

ok so the DC, do they play good or not worth the points?

i may have a nice deal on a few boxes but if i can't use them, maybe i'll buy them to make normal angel assaulty's

They are the bane of my existence when I play against my mate's Flesh Tearers. I have considered a Blood Angel army a number of times on the merit of their performance alone. If you can get a good deal, buy them. Now.

Stormraven are great for 5 jumpers and a Chaplain.

Once you decide to use such a unit, why not invest a couple of points extra to get 5 DC + Lemartes? He does not use another FOC slot, has better stats at least after taking a wound (too bad I6 is all but wasted on him), and cannot be singled out in a challenge (unless some update gave him the character rule).

They still work quite well, I really enjoy them, they just aren't as point and click as they were in 5th. The loss of +1I from furious charge really hurt. They won't eat everything they hit if you want to take on another CC hammer you need to support them and you need the charge. Atleast in my experience. If they are charging a utility unit or shoot enjoy...

I like the changes to rage, you can have the DC go where you want them now. Do you prefer the old 5E rage?

Archived