Dark Angel vs Necrons tactics

I've got a game this monday against a friend (necron) who despite various attempts by my angels remains unbeaten by them. 

I've been sitting looking at various lists and at this moment in time can not decide in what approach to take. 

So my fellow brothers I ask you all how would you deal with necrons 

he does not have flyers so do not need to concern about that 

Hah, I just came to make a thread about this.

I had a match against necrons today, and while I squeaked out a win thanks to first blood and having an extra objective on my side of the table, it was clear that I was going down if there had been unlimited game turns.

I found the biggest issue was my army struggled to put down warriors, I just didn't have the firepower necessary to wipe whole squads and prevent them standing back up. I had 9 Ravenwing Bikers, 5 Deathwing, 10 Tactical Marines, a Land Speeder, and Sammael.

I really don't know what the answer is to being able to put down the hordes of WBB models though, other than melee I guess, Black Knights would be a good choice, but when aren't they?

The problem my RW had with Necrons... 5 AV 13 Vehicles with that Quantum Shielding.

Yes, MMAB.. that's 1-2 on turn 2, Maybe?

But Rifleman Dreads, non-LC Devs, Quadgun, Ravenwing bikes... no real chance.

In order to use regular MG's or PT's on these Vehicles requires charging in extremely close.

And they have a lot of Str7 firepower.

Maybe actual charging the vehicles and using krak/mb's would work.

Not sure...

Deathwing tear a new one of Necrons in my experience. The only way to crush warriors is in close combat where you can rip them to shreds and crush them so hard that they cannot threaten you again. They also go down fast to hails of bullets.

Move fast and crush them hard, Crusaders and DW squads leave them down and out for the count

Squad of Devestators with 4 lascannons?

I just worry that they, at best, can only down one vehicle a turn. And you could still easily have one miss and two fail to damage.

I am considering trying out the dakka banner tomorrow, just undecided on how to field it

I usually place my command squad inside a landraider crusader. that alone gives 24 rerollable shots. Then I added 3 bare bones tac squads. That is another 120 shots if you don't move.

Of course you could add a Librarian to one, with the Divination power to reroll hits.

144 shots 64 which count as twin-linked.

I had 4-PC Devs in a 10 man squad, and a Quadgun. Along with 2 Rifleman, and a Tech with PFG on the Quadgun, giving the Dreads a 4++.

I would probably change that to 4 LC in a 10 man squad, with an Icarus Lascannon instead.

With a Librarian available for rerolls on one combat squad, it gives you possibility to take out 3 Vehicles a turn.

The Icarus can much more reliably pen any flyer, and the Dreads have good chances to hit even without Skyfire.

This is my firebase, I have a 10 man scout squad for object holding with Sniper & Camo.

For My attack force I use 2 full RWAS, and a RWCS with Bike Libby, Bike Tech, Sammael.

The RW squads had little problem with wiping out Warriors or Immortals under the Dakka Banner.

Well with the introduction of the Tau who got a massive AA boost (and I'm sure Eldar will get some impressive AA as well), I'm sure you're going to see a rise in Barges. AV13 is really good because of all the plasma spam going on in the meta currently. The best bet to counter this is probably double multi-melta land speeders. Take a few squads of 2-3 and just go Barge hunting with them. Other than that I can't really think of anything reliable.

It will be interesting to see what effect Tau have on Necron lists. There is a degree of overlap there....

I do know this, as a Necron player, I love seeing AV14. It's so easy to pop I'll gladly sac a squad of warriors to stop it from going to town on me. But I also know that when most of my vehicles get pen'd, they are toast.

Necron vehicles have incredibly resiliency until they get penetrated. Then it's over.  Dropping Melta, getting rear shots, etc really puts the army on the defensive (non-cron-air).

The best way for DA to do this? I'm not sure. But I always considered Necrons to be king of medium length firepower so however you plan on doing this, make it count.

Wraiths fall to saturation (BoD FTW here).

Regular crons are quite meh in CC...so taking RWBK is probably a good idea.

As for their heavy support, a squad of terminators should be able to handle them.

I think the key is hitting with EVERYTHING in one particular point...if you go piecemeal/dilute yourself, he'll overwhelm you with the wounds on the wraiths and the tesla on everything else.

Archived