Dealing with Nurgle Daemons as Vanilla SM

Krishar

So I played my first game against my friends new Nurgle army last week, I fielded a pretty standard IF army ( in my eyes ) and it was something like this:

Librarian with nullzone and smite

5 Tactical termies with Cyclone. 

2 x 10 Tactical in rhinos with plasma and miss l.

1 LS Typhoon

1 x Predator with las sponsons.

The game was just 1000 points as that's all he's collected so far. 

His army was something like:

Great unclean one.

Nurgle Herald

20 x plague bearers

2 x 10 plague bearers.

3 x Plaguedrones

Soulgrinder with the battlecannon upgrade and of nurgle.

We played the big guns never tire with 5 objectives, maybe it is because of the low point value of the game but I had a very hard time of dealing with the combination very hard targets in the form of the GD and Soulgrinder, GD and 20 man squad with herald used deepstrike off of the plaguedrones in turn 2 and were right in my deployment then, and then the 2 small squads of plaguebearers just camped his objectives with their shrounding..

The combination of the hard tough units and then the resilent swarm units in form of his troops were impossible to deal with at least in that game, and I was not especially unlucky or such.

I'm considering more plasma and some ordnance, or deepstriking something or what not, but just not sure how to be able to kill of both the hordes that camp objectives and then the big scary units at the same time, both the soulgrinder with shrouding and then the greater deamon ate so many shoots, and the 20 man plague bearer unit with herald who gave them FNP was rather tough as well.

Nullzone was great as were my terminators.

I'm considering cutting down troop cost so I can get more spezialed toys, and scouts with snipers could work well against most of the nurgle units, also considering a dreadnought over the predator for the mobility so I can walk and fire at full force, his obvious weakness is that he only has 1 shooting unit, but that one is then also rather scary, if I send a unit with melta after it and they dont kill it, it'll just kill them in close combat next turn, and with armour 13, 4 HP and damned shrouding it's rather hard to kill with even lascannons as well..  and even if I had managed to kill of his front line, he'd still had the two objectives in his back without me being able to do much about it, I just am not sure on how to get the tools to deal with all of it with just 1000 points...  not really sure how to deal with this new enemy so any and all help is appreciated.

Archived