ok so now i decided to go BA

still working out the units, HQ etc

but i had to share this with you guy's

just now i'm reading up on the fluff in the BA dex 

my first thought for a BA list is this:

HQ:  captain tycho

libby, might of heroes, bloodlance

elites: 5 sanguinary guard , 2 infernus pistols, 2 PF

fragioso , magna grapple , drop pod or a sanguinary priest (termi, blood chalice, power sword)

libbyoso dedicated drop pod or 7 assault termi's, hammers an shields , dedicated drop pod

troops: 6 DC thunder hammers, (either dedicated drop pod or jump packs)

6 DC 3 PF, jump packs or 7 tac squad , teleport homer, PF, drop pod

1 DC dread blood talons , dedicated drop pod

any c&c on it brothers?

the idea is to deepstrike, droppod assault , blood from above!!!

Welcome to BAs! :)

First thing is if you want to take multiple DC squads as troops you need to take Astorath as an HQ otherwise you are limited to one squad and 1 dreadnought (if the squad numbers 5 DC at least).

Second thing is i think if you really want Tycho he is best used with sternguards (in a pod or a raven).

Cheers

Choosing Sanguinius? You made the right choice! Diggin' the guitar \m/

Sooo you like a "raining blood" style list? devil.gif

Alright,
let's start with troops first. Although you have the required 2 troops minimum, unfortunately DC cannot score or claim objectives (poop). However, we can mitigate this downside by taking assault marines. For a drop style list, I recommend at least 1 10 man assault squad in a pod with 2 meltaguns and another 10 man AS in pod with 2 flamers. They're good for slamming down on your enemy's objective on turn 2 (of course after your dreads come in and wreck face). For DC, roll an 8-10 man squad in a pod without the jump packs. It's cheaper that way.

I like how you're running sanguinary guard. I love the unit's looks... ANGELS! However, you may find a podded unit of sternguard to be more useful with combi-meltas or -combi-plasmas and heavy flamers, especially with Tycho (who also uses special ammunition). The SG are unfortunately VERY expensive for just a 5 man squad.

Finally, I don't think terminators and jump pack marines can take drop pods.

Archived